People use to say my phone is big, now I bet they will say "man, your computer is small!" HAHA! People are so fickle.

The Following User Says Thank You to kwurk For This Useful Post:
The latest package still has the kinetic scrolling issue, correct? I noticed it kinetic scrolling issue is not as big a problem as when I had 0.8. It only seems to affect microb now (finger swiping) instead of system wide. The mouse cursor sometimes gets stuck in top left corner but I touch the screen elsewhere with my finger and it's okay. I am using Opera mobile more now when connected with bt mouse. A very nice desktop-like experience. Keep up the excellent work qole!

uninstalling the bt scripts doesnt slove my microb scrolling issue. any clues how to fix it?

I've got it working in Dvorak:

Grab us_dvorak.txt from the attachment here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=37757&postcount=5

It doesn't seem to behave installed as us_dvorak, so we will override the Danish keyboard because it's abbreviated as "dk"

sudo gainroot
cp us_dvorak.txt /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/dk
cp us_dvorak.txt /usr/share/X11/xkb-chinook/symbols/dk

vi ~/.btkeyboard
Change kbdlayout=us to kbdlayout=dk

then run bt-kbd-remap.

Optional:
cd /usr/bin
ln -s bt-kbd-remap ma
(dvorak users will probably see why )

The Following User Says Thank You to t3h For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by lifenexus View Post
uninstalling the bt scripts doesnt slove my microb scrolling issue. any clues how to fix it?
You have to uninstall the xorg-evdev-mouse ("Patched x.org mouse driver") package to restore scrolling behaviour.

Installing and uninstalling this package causes the phone to reboot.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
ok, here is what i promised - support for external keyboard

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=872548&postcount=1

He, ¨speaking¨ (so the speak) through an Su-8w, here. =)

Ok, I´ve had some trouble with libxmuu1, and with its supporting library, libc6, which I could solve with google; the first one wouldn´t install, neither through the app manager, nor through apt-get, and the secound one also required manual download, as well as overwriting the local llibcc6 version. I´m a bit worried about these errors, but oh well.

I´ve managed to get the keyboard layout to work through xterm, but I still dont know how to create or edit a textfile in xterm, so I´m still unable to set the script to automatically set up the keyboard layout...

...which brings me to the point of this post, the keyboard layout. I´m a native speaker of portuguese, and my language is filled with diacritics, which leaves me with a serious issue, as only the ´ diacritic corectly modifies letters, as of now. ^ ` won´t modify letters; ~ won´t even show up, instead being replaced with a * .

Any help with getting the keyboard properly setup? I´m not shy of researching it on my own, but honestly, considering this thread, the mouse thread, and the Keyboard thread, when put together ammount to a staggering number of about 50 pages, I Really wouldn´t mind being pointed in the right direction...

EDIT:

Ok, I seem to have managed to get it working. I found this page, http://labs.danilocesar.com/blog/200...cents-on-n800/ , while looking at the Maemo wiki, and overwrote as instructed the su-8w file located in /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/nokia_vndr/ , as well as the copy located in /usr/share/X11/xkb-chinook/symbols/nokia_vndr/ .

Diacritics work fine now, and, although I´m not sure this isn´t standard behaviour, my su-8w now pairs Automatically with the device, meaning all I have to do now is run setxkbmap -device 4 -I -I/usr/share/X11/xkb-chinook -rules base -model nokiasu8w -layout us in xterm and Voikà...! Diaçrìticãl heaven, baby.

Good work on the derivers, qole. =) .

Last edited by number41; 2010-11-15 at 02:58. Reason: Got it to work

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 426 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by qole View Post
You have to uninstall the xorg-evdev-mouse ("Patched x.org mouse driver") package to restore scrolling behaviour.

Installing and uninstalling this package causes the phone to reboot.
qole: Just to make sure what you're saying here so that I don't do anything dumb. I'd like to uninstall this bt hid package. Will that be harmful so that I would end up in an endless reboot loop?
I'd like to uninstall this until the kinetic scrolling works again.

What's the correct way to uninstall, do I need to reflash everything from scratch...or?

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cyprus
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
qole: Just to make sure what you're saying here so that I don't do anything dumb. I'd like to uninstall this bt hid package. Will that be harmful so that I would end up in an endless reboot loop?
I'd like to uninstall this until the kinetic scrolling works again.

What's the correct way to uninstall, do I need to reflash everything from scratch...or?
I would also like to know this.How to properly uninstall the BT HID package.I`m experimenting with HEN and usb keyboards and mices.So far keyboard numbers are not showing up and scrolling is affected in microb.Any updates on these?

Thanks

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
After reflash and install "xorg-evdev-mouse" my N900 does not react when I connect my BT mouse.

The external keyboard works after installing extkbd Spanish with my Apple keyboard but "BT Watch" da poblem with this application and I change the keyboard of the N900 to English.

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard, mouse, package