Active Topics

So, anyone has "K9 Call" installed?

http://my-maemo.com/software/applica...to=1600&faq=32

He is conflicting with hildon portraid, cause he is already oriented in portraid mode, than with the phone in portraid mode, he go on the wrong orientation...

Anyone know how to solve this? Or have a better idea in how to quick dial directly in the desktop?

The Following User Says Thank You to amadeukaos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Costa Rica
This is just great. Thanks for all the developers. Your effort turned my n900 into a far more useful phone.

I'll be glad to keep testing new versions if needed. I hope this soon will be part of the CSSU.

Thanks again, It works like a charm.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bangalore, India
This is awesome! Can somebody guide me on the two issues. I did search the thread, but did not find any answers.
1) Unmet dependencies on upgrading any other package in fapman.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
advanced-interface-switcher: Depends: advanced-power-common (>= 0.4.5-4) but 0.4.5-3 is to be installed
mp-fremantle-generic-pr: Depends: hildon-desktop (= 1:2.2.140-1+0m5) but 1:2.2.142-13 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

2) The status applet does not seem to be working for me in portrait mode. Does it work?

[I dont have CSSU installed]

Pardon me if these queries are already answered.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
With next update, you'll be able to choose desktops scrolling direction (in portrait mode) - horizontal or vertical .
In that case the wallpaper is an easy task as long as it makes sense in both portrait an landscape.

In other words existing abstract images are perfect

Here are my rated 5/5 wallpapers uploaded on n900wallpapers.com

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to zifis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by arcean View Post
With next update, you'll be able to choose desktops scrolling direction (in portrait mode) - horizontal or vertical .
Amazing work!!! :¬) No probs so far for me, only a request which i think a few have asked for already is an alternative portrait wallpaper.

I guess the best solution is when setting wallpapers if we could choose a cropped portrait section of the same landscape image.

This way you could use a higher resolution source image which is resized for landscape and then a manual crop and resized from the original image for portrait, so theres no loss in image quality

I suppose if you have 8 or 9 desktops thats alot of extra wallpapers to store in memory.
Cheers
Nick

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Berlin/Germany
hi arcean,

the last version from 18th of july also fixes the bug with qbw widgets with hidden/transparent background!
A big THANK YOU for this!

I found another bug, I will report it in the hd issues thread.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 729 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Athens, Greece
This is my first "dual orientation" background. set it to all your desktops an it loops both ways

Here's Hexagon core evo

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zifis For This Useful Post:
I am using a bunch of solid colour wallpapers, which works really nicely. Does anyone know if there is any way of automatically switching wallpapers at timed intervals or after I unlock the screen so the backgound colour cycles. (actually, just a command to select a wallpaper from the terminal would be fine as then I could script it).

Awesome work by the way - totally revolutionised how I use my phone.

couldn't recover the original hildon-desktop following
sudo apt-get install --reinstall hildon-desktop; killall hildon-desktop
kept getting an error message along the line "file can not be downloaded"

eventually found @
hildon-desktop_2.2.140-1+0m5_armel.deb and downloaded it with microb
install with AppMan returned error thus

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ root

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

Nokia-N900:~# cd /path/where/saved/
Nokia-N900:/path/where/saved# dpkg -i hildon-desktop_2.2.140-1\+0m5_armel.deb
Selecting previously deselected package hildon-desktop.
(Reading database ... 42058 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace hildon-desktop 1:2.2.142-13 (using hildon-desktop_2.2.140-1+0m5_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement hildon-desktop ...
Setting up hildon-desktop (1:2.2.140-1+0m5) ...
gconftool-2: I've been haxored to use xml::/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults as the config source.
Resolved address "xml::/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults" to a writable configuration source at position 0
Attached schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/current' to key `/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/current'
Installed schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/current' for locale `C'
Attached schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/active' to key `/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/active'
Installed schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/views/active' for locale `C'
Attached schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/disable_phone_gesture' to key `/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/disable_phone_gesture'
Installed schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/disable_phone_gesture' for locale `C'
Attached schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/addressbook_dbus_interface' to key `/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/addressbook_dbus_interface'
Installed schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/addressbook_dbus_interface' for locale `C'
Attached schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/callui_dbus_interface' to key `/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/callui_dbus_interface'
Installed schema `/schemas/apps/osso/hildon-desktop/callui_dbus_interface' for locale `C'
Nokia-N900:/path/where/saved#
exit shell and reboot N900

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bangalore, India
Anybody please?
Originally Posted by shrijith1 View Post
This is awesome! Can somebody guide me on the two issues. I did search the thread, but did not find any answers.
1) Unmet dependencies on upgrading any other package in fapman.
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
advanced-interface-switcher: Depends: advanced-power-common (>= 0.4.5-4) but 0.4.5-3 is to be installed
mp-fremantle-generic-pr: Depends: hildon-desktop (= 1:2.2.140-1+0m5) but 1:2.2.142-13 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

2) The status applet does not seem to be working for me in portrait mode. Does it work?

[I dont have CSSU installed]

Pardon me if these queries are already answered.