Notices

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by moerderameise View Post
Maybe here someone can help me. I'm looking for a way to use right mouse button in dosbox. how can i do that? startmapper does not seem to have this feature and i already tried every possible key combo to make a right click, but no chance... is there a trick or is it really not possible?
Sorry to revive an old question but this is really an issue that needs to be addressed for dosbox on many platforms - not just maemo. Luckily the n810 and n900 have two keys that lend themselves to left and right click - namely the +/- volume buttons.

What I would like to see is a toggle for dosbox that lets you activate a 'touchpad' mode that lets you swipe across the screen and then hit +/- for left and right click. My chances of getting my mouse code changes integrated into upstream dosbox are about zero right now, however. So if anyone is interested in working on this, i can help get them started (and javispedro probably more-so).

I would like to say that with pulseaudio disabled (sound straight to alsa) and 1ghz cpu, Wing Commander now runs playably fast! woohoo... Unfortunately wing commander is one game where mouse positioning has problems if you set the cpu cycles too high, so at could also benefit from relative mouse positioning code.

Here's to a 2011 with more dosbox improvents! Cheers.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Just to bump one of my favorite threads here...

Scrabble Deluxe.

Works perfect, no frame skipping needed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
Here's to a 2011 with more dosbox improvents! Cheers.
Seems those improvements never came. :/ Just got my hands on N900 after a couple of years, and was hoping for some awesome dosbox action with X-COM and Eye of the Beholder and such, but without right click that proved to be quite futile.

So. I could have gotten depressed and come here to whine about no progress over the years. Instead I put up a build environment, pulled javier's sources from repository, added couple lines of code, packaged it, and voilá; right click now works holding down shift while touching screen.

Should probably add an option to change it on/off and desired key to .conf or maybe look into using proximity sensor like JA2, but atleast I got to play EOB in bed tonight

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ghouli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Finland
So. I could have gotten depressed and come here to whine about no progress over the years. Instead I put up a build environment, pulled javier's sources from repository, added couple lines of code, packaged it, and voilá; right click now works holding down shift while touching screen.
How did you do this exatly?

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Omg omg !!! the poster be dead by now

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2013 @ Finland
Well, I still would like to know how he did it.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Hmm, just downloaded the latest source which is in the repos(extras-devel), no wonder if it runs slow on N900, this is how the configure script is called:

./configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabi --build=arm-linux-gnueabi --prefix=/usr --mandir=\${prefix}/share/man --infodir=\${prefix}/share/info --enable-core-inline CFLAGS="-Wall -g -DMAEMO -DMAEMO_VERSION=5 -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -march=armv6j -mtune=arm1136jf-s -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=softfp" CXXFLAGS="-Wall -g -DMAEMO -DMAEMO_VERSION=5 -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -ffast-math -march=armv6j -mtune=arm1136jf-s -mfpu=vfp -mfloat-abi=softfp" LDFLAGS="-Wl,-z,defs"
Going to build that with the correct CPU/FPU flags and put it in the thumb repo.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Hmm, just downloaded the latest source which is in the repos(extras-devel), no wonder if it runs slow on N900, this is how the configure script is called:

Going to build that with the correct CPU/FPU flags and put it in the thumb repo.
Can't wait to see results, and this time' it's hard to keep expectations low (to be positively surprised, in case of any major speed improvements). System Shock, I'm coming after you!
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Can't wait to see results, and this time' it's hard to keep expectations low (to be positively surprised, in case of any major speed improvements). System Shock, I'm coming after you!
It is there, unfortunately I am unable to compare it with stock, as it was the first time to use dosbox (descent 3d, though it is unfortunately unplayable )

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
What the fsck are you talking about? That is certainly NOT possible unless someone defined vfp in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS on the Fremantle autobuilder, which would be a very, very stupid thing to do (because a lot of packages -- including at least all of mine -- assume it's only set in the autobuilders where manually enabling softfp is required: chinook & diablo).
Or you are looking at the N8x0 build logs.

In any case, it's not going to do a lot of difference...