Active Topics

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post

With PR 1.1 I could point to my M3U playlists from links in a locally stored web page and the media player would open and load the playlist. This was pretty handy as I had one page I opened that contained album art images that I used to link to the corresponding playlists.

This is broke in PR1.2. The M3U's now open as text files.

I hope that gets fixed or I figure out where to make this association again.
Do you know what is bugtracker?

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I don't know where the stuff about developers migrating to MeeGo comes from, but it makes sense -- read the newspapers, there are major changes going on at Nokia. Have you ever been at an organization making major changes? Big disruptions occur. Everyone is distracted. The rules keep changing. This causes people to slow down.

Just look at this site for a moment -- things are changing here. Migration is happening to the MeeGo site. Some key players are disappearing for long periods of time and it's not clear what they are up to, exactly.

This is just a tiny example of what must be happening at Nokia. So naturally there are consequences. Hopefully, everything will straighten out and even get better. But I think it makes sense that some of the delay we are seeing is the result of organizational change, not just how long it is taking to fix some bug.

Originally Posted by -miniME- View Post
one could say they work with the speed of the spanish - manjana mentality
A what? Could you please elaborate on that - as a spanish I find it quite offending and out of place.

Posts: 96 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ India
Interesting snippets on Nokia Nseries in the Nokia official blog
http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/...ons+-+Posts%29

Most interesting
"If you own a Maemo device it’s set to become a collectors item as the Nokia N900 is likely to be the last handset running the OS"
...... Is it only because of the OS ????

The Following User Says Thank You to rcarlos For This Useful Post:
Well Maemo is being merged with Moblin to form Meego. So the N900 is the last device that will run the Maemo OS unless Nokia decides to put out another one (which I can't see them doing).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The problem is there's no better phone than the n900 . . . Just have to be patient and wait for the update

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Look at the timing of PR1.2 delay.

I think it wouldn't be too surprising if they instead released MeeGo PR1.2 for N900, after all this delay.

(heh.)
I did consider this possibility in the past, but the chances got even more remote when that RC version of PR1.2 leaked. I don't believe Nokia would intentionally leak a bogus PR1.2 FW just as a strategy to hide their intention of suddenly get official Meego to N900... BTW, I think you meant Meego 1.0, since it would be a "new" O.S.

But the news about Portrait Mode for the entire UI working on the leaked version of PR1.2 was really surprising, since here on this forum Nokia was always clear that this was planned only for Harmattan/Maemo 6, even before the Meego announcement.

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
Do you know what is bugtracker?
Why yes I do... Thanks for asking.

Is there a bugtracker for software that I'm not supposed to have and has not been released yet?

I kind of hope those who respond to tracked bugs are taking advantage of the delay and follow threads like these.

However (followed by a long and heavy sigh), that doesn't happen and when the software does get released, it still has these bugs. Because the time between leak and release is so long, when it is released those affected by the leak may have discovered a work around, posted it in a thread that never gets viewed, and have moved on.

Originally Posted by Joni Mitchell
And the seasons they go 'round and 'round
And the painted ponies go up and down
We're captive on the carousel of time
We can't return we can only look behind
From where we came
And go round and round and round
In the circle game

SLN member # 009

any news about the release-date of the new official firmware?!

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
No news. Seems like the whole universe is waiting for PR 1.2.

Tags
poo poo 1.2, pr 1.2, why am i here?