Active Topics

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
It will be ready when it's ready. Please don't clutter up the thread. They already moved development to other areas because too many folks were asking questions like this one.
So in other words we don't have the right to post because the work that they're doing is so important?
Please...
It's only natural for people to get excited and anxious about it.
Besides, a thread is a public discussion. If the developers didn't want to be disturbed and annoyed by other people, then they shouldn't have created a thread in the first place. There are countless other ways they could contact each other in private.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
Let me say joerg_rw and MohammadAG that we're all very glad to have you doing this work, it is really promising!
At the same time let me say in the most kind way: I am waiting impatiently like hell for OTG on the N900.
I hope some day it ends up in extras.

The N900 won't be able to power a 2.5" harddrive right? Has it been tested by someone here yet?
And USB gamepad of some sort would be interesting for some games and emulators.
There will be no USB OTG for the N900. Can't remember exactly what it is, but there's a difference between USB OTG and USB hostmode(which is what is WIP). I'm not sure how much power the port will be able to deliver but a gamepad should be possible, I don't think a hard drive will be possible.

EDIT: I may be wrong on this, so don't think that my answer is ultimate.

Last edited by ToJa92; 2010-11-04 at 16:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by !!Nokia N900!! View Post
What an answer. Of-course when it is ready. but i mean how fast??
these whiners acts like they're some sort of tyrants. its like they're paying the coders bigbuck to come up with the hack the least you can do is clamup and wait IN SILENCE it will be out when its ready you guys are paying these coders their salary and they're not getting any financial compensation for their hardwork

mga ingratong apurado

Originally Posted by chivar View Post
these whiners acts like they're some sort of tyrants. its like they're paying the coders bigbuck to come up with the hack the least you can do is clamup and wait IN SILENCE it will be out when its ready you guys are paying these coders their salary and they're not getting any financial compensation for their hardwork

mga ingratong apurado

It's is really idiotic to call other people whiners ans whine about their request for information, in a thread that was started a half a year ago and has "Coming soon" in its title.

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Matan For This Useful Post:
Hey folks.

Why do not you do something instead of discussing what's appropriate and what's not to post here on the shitty web-forum (to avoid useless questions and accusations: FYI every web-forum is shitty comparing to a proper mailing list and so this one is no exception)?

We do all the development in the open, there's no "SILENCE" about it. The branches at the maemo garage are open for anybody to see, clone and experiment, h-e-n project.

Also if you've actually read the commit messages at my branch you'd probably notice that i can "release" a kernel where you can manually select between LS and FS devices and that should work reliably (even with HS which would have to be used in FS-compatibility mode). Does anyone really need that or not? Or rather someone would take a look at the actual patches which are rather more understandable comparing to the previous variant and by experimentation finds a better way? That's the question worth discussing.

And let me spell this properly since my previous posts were rather censored: F.U.C.K. the musb hardware state machine and the a.s.s.holes from Mentor Graphics who do not release proper documentation.

The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to PaulFertser For This Useful Post:
can "release" a kernel where you can manually select between LS and FS devices
Surprisingly, i got not only that working but also HS; the operation feels quite stable to me. Enjoy. https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/ggi...ds/paul-manual

Last edited by PaulFertser; 2010-11-05 at 22:51.

The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to PaulFertser For This Useful Post:
Posts: 565 | Thanked: 618 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Larswad View Post
The N900 won't be able to power a 2.5" harddrive right? Has it been tested by someone here yet?
My N900 didn't give enought power to get my 2.5" HDD running

I have been thinking about modifying my HDD-case with rechargeable battery, if we get a stable version of this

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
Originally Posted by laasonen View Post
My N900 didn't give enought power to get my 2.5" HDD running

I have been thinking about modifying my HDD-case with rechargeable battery, if we get a stable version of this
You can try The mintyboost to be used as an external power supply. It is very easy to make and it only uses 2 AA batteries to output 5volts and about 500mah to 600mah.

The Following User Says Thank You to luketanti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 133 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Balzan Malta
So now we only need a gui and a little more testing or can we use the phyton one from mohammad-ag? And this will enter beta stage right?

The Following User Says Thank You to luketanti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
I'll check with the team on releases, but I've dumped the python UI since it's a memory hog, it's in C++/Qt now.

Be sure to thank PaulFertser, his post is only 2/3 posts back!

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post: