Active Topics

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by AMD View Post
No I do everything, but drawing is composed of stages. I'm willing to reach photorealism with faces first, then move to different media and types of drawings
GL Man. Photo realism seems like an impossible goal. But hey reach for the stars and you might hit Mars!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-09-25 at 18:13.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Well, I was a n00b at drawing less than 1 year ago, and now I'm here, nothing's impossible

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Well, I was a n00b at drawing less than 1 year ago, and now I'm here, nothing's impossible
Thats the spirit!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Hi Gerbick. Not sure I like where that countdown is heading. How about a countup to the halcyon days of the n900 fun and development.
Those days, I only briefly participated. The N900 was a great phone/mini-computer/*nix whatever the geeks wanted to label it that day if, and only if, you were loyal to T-Mobile in the US and had great coverage by them.

I use AT&T (I know, I know) and it really was a horrible thing for me whilst traveling. Once while in Pittsburgh, I couldn't get a GPS lock for 3 days. It dropped calls, two of the three I got for the office USB ports became loose, I had to basically fight with Nokia's customer service to repair the phones only to invoke my American Express statements of warranties - and a long thread here at TMO definitely helped my case whereas that was concerned.

But the other side of things, I did start into Qt, upped my coding skills a bit, but switched back to UI/UX since that was the biggest complaint I had about any Maemo offerings.

I was more of a N810 man. That was nearly perfection to me. Pocketable, made of sturdy feeling metal chassis, the best kickstand imho ever... it was just a great internet device with a very good screen (for the time).

Those days are gone though. The Maemo heyday are nothing but a memory. Only countdown I could do around that would be when I start to forget about those days in full.

Oh well... enough of my jibber jabber.

AMD - kudos on your drawing. You've grown quite a bit. Don't overlook anatomy and perspectives in the near future. You'll benefit quite a bit in your drawings. But you've shown serious improvement in under a year. Never stop drawing - it's perhaps one of the best habits to keep active (outside of tinkering with gadgets).

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Those days, I only briefly participated. The N900 was a great phone/mini-computer/*nix whatever the geeks wanted to label it that day if, and only if, you were loyal to T-Mobile in the US and had great coverage by them.

I use AT&T (I know, I know) and it really was a horrible thing for me whilst traveling. Once while in Pittsburgh, I couldn't get a GPS lock for 3 days. It dropped calls, two of the three I got for the office USB ports became loose, I had to basically fight with Nokia's customer service to repair the phones only to invoke my American Express statements of warranties - and a long thread here at TMO definitely helped my case whereas that was concerned.

But the other side of things, I did start into Qt, upped my coding skills a bit, but switched back to UI/UX since that was the biggest complaint I had about any Maemo offerings.

I was more of a N810 man. That was nearly perfection to me. Pocketable, made of sturdy feeling metal chassis, the best kickstand imho ever... it was just a great internet device with a very good screen (for the time).

Those days are gone though. The Maemo heyday are nothing but a memory. Only countdown I could do around that would be when I start to forget about those days in full.

AMD - kudos on your drawing. You've grown quite a bit. Don't overlook anatomy and perspectives in the near future. You'll benefit quite a bit in your drawings. But you've shown serious improvement in under a year. Never stop drawing - it's perhaps one of the best habits to keep active (outside of tinkering with gadgets).
Gerbick. Honer the memory and you will never forget the great times of time.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Gerbick. Honer the memory and you will never forget the great times of time.
I think you meant honor.

Or Hodor. I like that last one better.

I think you meant honor.

Or Hodor. I like that last one better.
no, I meant a mix of both. Plus a drop of honour

It was one of my many spelling mistakes. Gerbick. Its part of my disguise.

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-09-26 at 17:57.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon

Thanx, I'll try my best

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD

I remember the days when I would try modifying the rx-51 file on my n900. I needed to reassign the keys to get backets, tabs, and so forth to work properly using different key combinations -especially useful for easy Debian. I felt like a surgeon who couldn't make a mistake knowing that a minor error would brick my phone. Those were fun times!

Last edited by mscion; 2014-09-26 at 22:37.

Dayumm.. Been out for long. School and girls :/
Anyway, I return with two new drawings by me
Feedback would be appreciated!
https://db.tt/KlL5XERx
https://db.tt/Ii4kH1ly
Not bad.
Everytime I pick up a pen/cil, I end up drawing something like this:
http://www.lifelounge.com.au/resourc...guthmannll.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/pdjsdox

Its sort of like Primary school grade, but it gets alot of attention and comments nsfw.

I'm flattered

Tags
countdown, dooms_day, specc is the, troll ericsson