Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany, Stuttgart
Originally Posted by conny View Post
I'm 100% sure that i understood what you're trying to do, so please correct me if I'm making wrong assumptions here.

I think there is currently no dropbox client for the N900, so syncing via dropbox is not possible. It is possible to send the tomboy notes to the N900 using for example scp or rsync. While doing this Conboy should not run.

I'm currently adding support to sync Conboy to the web (e.g. Ubuntu One or Snowy). Then you could sync Tomboy with Conboy via one of those web services.
At the moment there are still too many bugs, but as soon as they are fixed, this should be the best solution.
Hi Conny,

thx for your reply

I'm a Macuser; is it possibel to sync easily by web with "Snowy" and the webservices?

Pitmac

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pitmac View Post
I'm a Macuser; is it possibel to sync easily by web with "Snowy" and the webservices?
Not yet, but soon. Biggest problem is, that I have so little time at the moment. If you use Tomboy >= 1.0 on your Mac, then you can already sync it to Ubuntu One. Once I fixed many bugs it should be possible to sync Conboy with the same notes on Ubuntu One.

Snowy is still under heavy development, not sure when they will finish it.

Originally Posted by conny View Post
I think there is currently no dropbox client for the N900, so syncing via dropbox is not possible.
How about voting for the support to be added?

https://www.dropbox.com/votebox

search for "maemo" to find items to vote for.

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
I've updated to last Conboy from Extras-devel. Synchronisation with Ubuntuone is working! At least in one way, from server to N900. Many thanks conny.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turku, Finland
Originally Posted by mivoligo View Post
I've updated to last Conboy from Extras-devel. Synchronisation with Ubuntuone is working! At least in one way, from server to N900. Many thanks conny.
Awesome. What should the url be in the configuration in the new version?

Posts: 161 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Edinburgh
Code:
https://one.ubuntu.com/notes/

The Following User Says Thank You to mivoligo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Turku, Finland
Thanks!
Had one note in ubuntu one, tried 1st sync:
Synchronization failed

Error Message was:
json_get_note_list() returned NULL

Added another note and got the same.
Then when i deleted all my notes from ubuntu one, I got:
'Server revision older than our revision'

Tried makin a new note again un ubuntu one and got the same as the 1st time.

Moved .conboy to conbak from ~/ and then synch worked.

Also after, tried moving the notes in conbak back to .conboy, they show up ok in conboy but won't sync to ubuntu one. When i edited one of them and tried syncing again, got json_get_note_list() returned NULL

Last edited by slavikko; 2010-01-03 at 21:59.

I just fixed a packaging problem and re enabled the sync UI. The new versions appearing in extras-devel ATM are only coming because I have to do some test builds.

The code is unfortunately still unchanged. So the problems are still there, but I'll let you know as soon as I've actually changed something relevant. Promised

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
I just released a new stable version. Nothing new for people who are already using the -devel builds. But people only interested in stable releases might find it interesting

Since the last stable release was such a long time ago, I thought it would deserve a new thread. http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=462707
Sorry for the spam

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Can I do copy and paste within Conboy? How do I select a section of text to copy?
Thanks!

Tags
conboy, grauphel