Active Topics

Closed Thread
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by almamo View Post
This behaviour is unacceptable & a shame for TMO (saying that as a donator & supporter of TMO - despite not being very active in here due own projects).
The two of you or 3 of you can argue but why drag TMO into the mud? Nobody owns TMO so nobody is a representative of TMO...

Your donations are of course appreciated by everyone just like everyone else who donates or helps with the Community being independent of Nokia but that doesn't mean its a valid point to say "its a shame for TMO" when debating with someone else...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
It all seems to have been a misunderstanding, further dialogue here too:
http://www.allboutn9.info/2013/01/fa...13464675553884
What they've done in-fact helps with the initiative discussed/planned here.
I look forward to any further contributions they may wish to offer...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
@shmeri Every upcoming device (in what ever industry it is) causes people to ask similar questions. They always sound pretty much the same. Thank's for the list, I'll have a look at it.

@thedeath I'm sorry if I was misunderstood - I meant pretty much the opposite & part was related on comments on our page. I have a big appreciation for TMO and was sad to see rants from TMO users.

But I also expect some respect from concerned people towards our website. We're not a small player in the N9 general user base & social media and what we do (2 people) is a hobby - we're not a company which tries to play out another one.

Furthermore my choice of words was also influenced by "upsetness" & disappointment - which is more than logical in this case.

@jaylist Thanks - good to hear that from you. I know you're long-times efforts concerning N9... at least since I talk to you a long time ago in that Australian forum (no clue what my username was back then ).

Last edited by almamo; 2013-01-22 at 06:18.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to almamo For This Useful Post:
I've temporarily re-enabled both docs (see my sig) for anyone to contribute to...
N.B. they will be locked again VERY SOON, as shmerl will be condensing both into formal docs for Jolla/Sailfish.
Anything that's already cleared-up we'll eventually move to a wiki, probably maemo.org, assuming it's working now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
I sent the questions list to Jolla (skipping already answered questions). See the attached file for reference. Now let's wait for their answer.
Attached Files
File Type: gz sailfish_jolla_community_questions_ideas.pdf.gz (76.4 KB, 101 views)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Well done, much quicker than I anticipated!
What about the concerns/criticisms doc, or should that be left till we know a bit more?

I missed it to be honest, since I thought that we decided to join them into one at some point, so I didn't keep track of the second document... (the last time I looked at it - I transferred all the questions from there to the first document).

What do you propose, to wait for the answer and then send the second set? I think most important questions went into the first document anyway.

Last edited by shmerl; 2013-01-23 at 05:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Always felt it made more sense to break it into those two areas...
If you read the def. headers of both docs it makes sense (assuming they're still there).
But for now I guess we can leave it be....
I've PM'd you two other email addresses stskeeps recommended we CC.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Stskeeps explained why Mer (and derivatives like Sailfish in turn) use old version of coreutils - it's because of GPLv2 restriction on certain core packages. What could be good if one could have an updated version as optional.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shmerl For This Useful Post:
Any response from Jolla Press & the other contacts yet?

Closed Thread

Tags
jolla, nokia-again?, not-so-open, totally closed, zipper is open