Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
@pycage

[N800] Just installed 2010.08.08? from extras-devel... extras-devel nods

I have noticed that videos no longer play in full screen...they play ok (but not as well as in previous versions ) windowed (stuttering), when going to full screen, the screen goes black, flashes green several times and only audio plays. Seems to be independent of backend player. Then when going back to windowed, the video does not show and the controls along the right side are shifted down so that the play/pause is in the bottom right corner (~ where the skip forward is normally).

[request] Icon of backend player being used(maybe in the title bar?). I switch between mplayer and osso-media a lot.

I'll probably just downgrade to the 'released' version

Thanks
Sno

PS I also just unistalled Canola as I hadn't used it in favor of MediaBox

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Originally Posted by 412b View Post
Well, I got my n810 stolen, so it's delayed for a couple days.
I'm sorry to hear that! I hope it doesn't cause you too many headaches.

Originally Posted by 412b View Post
Well, I got my n810 stolen, so it's delayed for a couple days.
Aw damn.. that's a shame. You do have a N900 though right? If so who needs the old one heh..

Is there a "stretch to fit screen" option?
If yes, I could not find it in the settings.
If no, would it be possible as an option in the future?

Thanks!

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
@pycage

[N800] Just installed 2010.08.08? from extras-devel... extras-devel nods

I have noticed that videos no longer play in full screen...they play ok (but not as well as in previous versions ) windowed (stuttering), when going to full screen, the screen goes black, flashes green several times and only audio plays. Seems to be independent of backend player. Then when going back to windowed, the video does not show and the controls along the right side are shifted down so that the play/pause is in the bottom right corner (~ where the skip forward is normally).
So I uninstalled the Extras-Devel version and installed the 'released' one. Still had issues with video playback....

With a little reflection I remembered I had installed the Extras Devel version of Telescope (2.0rc) at the same time as Mediabox.....

I uninstalled the Telescope 2.0rc and what'ya know video playback is back to normal

this'll teach me to install stuff from Extras Devel

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Snoshrk View Post
I uninstalled the Telescope 2.0rc and what'ya know video playback is back to normal
Thanks for saving me from endless hours of headache. I experienced the same and yes, I did install telescope from extras-devel, too (which is great, btw).

Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Sleep-Timer is not working (sleep or wake-up) in version 2010-8-8
on N810

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Kiev, UA
hi! is it possible to use .cue files with flac/mp3?

thanks

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 739 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ São Paulo, Brazil
When I select my Bravia KLD-32EX405 as the media renderer, MediaBox hangs and the TV reboots. I can use it as a media renderer with Windows 7 thought. Is this a known bug?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by heavyt View Post
Sleep-Timer is not working (sleep or wake-up) in version 2010-8-8
on N810
Does this happen always? I'v been using sleep timer on 08.08 on the N810 for last few days and it always fell asleep and woke up properly. So I guess I need more details on this.

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules