Notices

Originally Posted by jkq View Post
See here. It works for me, although it is a bit awkward. I tested it using Sam n Max.

-jkq
Works like a charm, thanks!

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Doh. I just got hit "hard".

The ScummVM does not add /home/user/.scummvm and .scummvmrc to the Backup application. And of course I lost all my saves during yesterday firmware reflash.

I'm not ranting really. My bad. I'm just "bug"reporting.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Posts: 251 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
Doh. I just got hit "hard".

The ScummVM does not add /home/user/.scummvm and .scummvmrc to the Backup application. And of course I lost all my saves during yesterday firmware reflash.

I'm not ranting really. My bad. I'm just "bug"reporting.
You reflashed the 32GB storage? On my N900, /home is in a separate partition from the rootfs...

-jkq
Agro ... : [***-------] Relic(s) : N900

AFAIK /home is erased during reflash. Only /home/user/MyDocs is left untouched. Nevertheless I reflashed both system and MMC (I had problems with MyDocs content).

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by smoku View Post
AFAIK /home is erased during reflash. Only /home/user/MyDocs is left untouched. Nevertheless I reflashed both system and MMC (I had problems with MyDocs content).
No, both /home and /home/user/MyDocs are on the eMMC so will be left untouched by a normal firmware reflash - only the rootfs is rewritten.

Well... I reflashed eMMC too. So long my ZakMcKracken saves... ;-)

Hi, can anyone show me a proper link to download the scummvm for my N900? Have tried 2 links, including the one from downloads/maemo.org but when I click "install" I get a 404 screen.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Cornpit77 View Post
Hi, can anyone show me a proper link to download the scummvm for my N900? Have tried 2 links, including the one from downloads/maemo.org but when I click "install" I get a 404 screen.
The correct process is to add the Extras-devel repository, then install scummvm via App Manager. Note the warning concerning extras-devel, and consider disabling/deleting the repository afterwards.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
No, both /home and /home/user/MyDocs are on the eMMC so will be left untouched by a normal firmware reflash - only the rootfs is rewritten.
OK,thanks man! It worked. I will try Beneath a Steel Sky now.

Originally Posted by toninikkanen View Post
Just a quick note, that I have made an initial build of ScummVM for the N900 that is basically working, for the rest of the details, please see my web page:

http://www.tuug.fi/~toni/serendipity/index.php?/archives/2-ScummVM-for-N900-Fremantle.html
I've installed scummvm and transfered the files to my n900 root directory. The files I transfered are the .001, 002 etc fils. I've clicked through every directory on scummvm but was unable to find the files. Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong ?