Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Please follow the twitter account @wa_status and first check the WhatsApp status before jumping to conclusions about Yappari.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Malaysia
No problem with the linking, works normal here

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Dude that's nothing. My cell phone provider blocks outgoing connections to port 22. Do you know what that means? I can't even establish an SSH session!

I don't know why such decisions are made by cell phone providers.
hope you know sshd can start from ports other than port 22
alternatively, you could have some client session running on the server running sshd first do some port forwarding, so that the server's port 2000 could be forwarded to port 22, etc...
not sure if that's something viable on your end..

kh

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
Anyway an N900 is designed to be used in landscape with the physical keyboard. You seem really pushy about the portrait mode, you should get another phone.
HAHAHA! i can't help but laugh at this. funny n good one.

kh

@Scorpious: Dude, I'm amazed at your patience. After 2528 posts, you're still so patiently responding to posts by folks who've ignored everything you've said in post 1.

You've got folks helping you answer some posts & that'd have saved your time for other stuff in life.

Main reason for this post; some feature suggestions for you to consider, & I'm okay if you ignore this:
- Mute for 2nd msg and each subsequent msg less than x mins (ie: 5 mins) from the last msg.
- Mute for 1st msg and each subsequent msg less than x mins (ie: 5 mins) from the last msg; notify after 5 mins of idle time.
- Combo of above.

Loved the mute feature; saved my batt lots!

kh

SCORPIUS just wanna tell u tahnks a lot for yappari! it getting better every time!

@ Scorpius

please help. I deleted logs folder inside .yappari folder using filebox by mistake. All my chat history is gone. Any chance to recover it, have some very, very important data there?

Thanks

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by Lana View Post
@ Scorpius

please help. I deleted logs folder inside .yappari folder using filebox by mistake. All my chat history is gone. Any chance to recover it, have some very, very important data there?

Thanks
It's impossible to get them back the normal way. Since you did delete them yourself.

What you could try is this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=43345 Photorec is an excellent recover tool for deleted data. Although it might be possible it's already gone since you used your phone memory for something else.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wreck For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
It's impossible to get them back the normal way. Since you did delete them yourself.

What you could try is this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=43345 Photorec is an excellent recover tool for deleted data. Although it might be possible it's already gone since you used your phone memory for something else.
Will give a try now, thanks.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by bozoid View Post
hope you know sshd can start from ports other than port 22
alternatively, you could have some client session running on the server running sshd first do some port forwarding, so that the server's port 2000 could be forwarded to port 22, etc...
not sure if that's something viable on your end..

kh
That's when you control the SSHD, but I can't tell the people at work "hey move the SSHD to other port because *I* can't connect"

They will show me the finger.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp