Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
Originally Posted by msa View Post
you can do this with the default n900 camera app too.
just focus your hand close to the camera, take hand away, take photo.
Well, sure. And I'm sure I could tweak the colour temperature on the default camera app if I had coloured pieces of card with me... but there's something to be said for having fine-grained control over these things

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by ETalvala View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm one of the developers on the FCam project, and I'm pretty excited to get the whole API out to the N900 community.
Thank you for the great work you've done.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jd4200 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
I guess it doesn't work withTitan's power kernel as it definitely doesn't work on my N900 currently.
Shows gray screen and get white dots everywhere on the screen. It also conflicts with BlessN900.

We didn't know about Titan's kernel before this morning, and it looks like fcam-driver conflicts with it - we'll add that as a conflict until we sort out why the two don't coexist.
Well that answers it. Please please make it work with titan's custom kernel as I love my N900 being fast but would love to use your great camera app also. =)

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-07-21 at 21:54.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Glasgow
I'm one of the developers on the FCam project, and I'm pretty excited to get the whole API out to the N900 community.
Congrats on the release, and thanks! This looks really cool, and I've enjoyed playing around with it so far!

The Following User Says Thank You to sdstrowes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Well, I have two things to say:

I don't own an N900 (likely never will) but I do appreciate that you've done this. If I ever do get a Nokia device in the future, when they've got their house in order and make a device I want, then I'm glad to see that there's already an application in the works that I would want as well. Thank you!

Secondly, I'm glad to see that it's being made as an API, so other apps can take advantage of the effects and improved camera-work! Thanks for that interface!

And questions:

It's great to see this on Maemo! Understanding that Maemo is already being sunset in favor of Meego, and assuming this API and application will remain in closed-source, will this application be ported over to that new operating system which Nokia has decided to move onto?

Being made an API is an excellent decision that any developer and user can appreciate greatly. Will the API remain closed or is there an intention to open-source it so that the community at large can port it to any other operating system (MeeGo, for instance), tweak, improve or fix bugs/exploits when they are found? If not, will there be a plugin system to add effects?

Last edited by danramos; 2010-07-21 at 22:16. Reason: Added more to the last question

Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
I'm not one for photography, and I don't understand any of the settings in place; though I would like to learn now.

Messing around with the focus:

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Stanford University
danramos,

The whole API and FCamera are open-source already - you can download source for the whole thing now from our Maemo project page.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ETalvala For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ California, USA
worst thread evAR

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
danramos,

The whole API and FCamera are open-source already - you can download source for the whole thing now from our Maemo project page.
Please, please, please go to each person involved in this project pass on the message I personally love each and every one of them. Thank you all very, very much for open-sourcing this!

Tags
announced, color you loser, fail!, guessed wrong, misstep, riddle me this, you dun goofed