Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ddwalker View Post
Can I do copy and paste within Conboy? How do I select a section of text to copy?
Thanks!
Shift+Cursor keys for selection. Ctr+c and Ctr+v for copy and paste. Also have a look at the FAQ here: http://conboy.garage.maemo.org/

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Great app. Two suggestions.

1. Would like for an undo option to be added. I have highlighted long text before and deleted by mistake when I meant to copy. An undo option would have meant this wasn't a disaster.

2. An option to send documents. I want to back up my notes by sending them to my email. But no email option.

The default note application can do both of these. The second option can be resolved if someone can tell me where the notes are saved on the device. Can't seem to find that.

Also where are

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Great app. Two suggestions.

1. Would like for an undo option to be added. I have highlighted long text before and deleted by mistake when I meant to copy. An undo option would have meant this wasn't a disaster.

2. An option to send documents. I want to back up my notes by sending them to my email. But no email option.
I would like to have both features as well. There are already enhancement requests about it.

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
The default note application can do both of these. The second option can be resolved if someone can tell me where the notes are saved on the device. Can't seem to find that.
/home/user/.conboy
Please also have a look at the FAQ: http://conboy.garage.maemo.org/

I love taking notes in conboy. I've been making a huge list in one note over many days, but suddenly almost all of the text in the note is gone! It doesn't seem like any of my other notes has been changed. I know that I didn't do this.

Is there any chance of getting this text back? Does Conboy take any backups or anything like that? i'm quite desperate here.

update: I see now that parts of another note I've made in Conboy is also gone. In both cases it's the last part of the note that is gone.

Last edited by forteller; 2010-01-29 at 13:14.

in Xterminal. Go to the .conboy directory. Do you see your data in one of the xml files there?

The Following User Says Thank You to jarlev For This Useful Post:
Posts: 263 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Sigtuna, Sweden
Possibly a known issue :

If I want to select/highlight a text longer than the screen by tap+drag I have to set Conboy in non-fullscreen mode.
In fullscreen mode the page does not scroll when I reach the top/bottom of it.

( Doing the same in e.g. leafpad works in both modes. )

Originally Posted by conny View Post
I would like to have both features as well. There are already enhancement requests about it.

/home/user/.conboy
Please also have a look at the FAQ: http://conboy.garage.maemo.org/
Thanks. Doesn't seem to solve the problem for me because the email programme only allows you to attach files from images, audio, documents,videos,camera.

Also the notes don't seem to be named according to note heading but rather some random numbers and letters. I need to find how to navigate to the user folder as well because the way I navigated there was through some web thing and I couldn't open the files from there.

Originally Posted by KristianW View Post
Possibly a known issue :

If I want to select/highlight a text longer than the screen by tap+drag I have to set Conboy in non-fullscreen mode.
In fullscreen mode the page does not scroll when I reach the top/bottom of it.

( Doing the same in e.g. leafpad works in both modes. )
You talk about Conboy on N800 or N810, right? Could you please file a bug about this. I´m not using my N810 anymore so I´ll likely forget about it otherwise. Thanks

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Sigtuna, Sweden
Originally Posted by conny View Post
You talk about Conboy on N800 or N810, right? Could you please file a bug about this. I´m not using my N810 anymore so I´ll likely forget about it otherwise. Thanks
Right, sorry, :
N810 , OS 43-7 , cloned to int. mmc.

Will find out how to file a bug, never did before.

The Following User Says Thank You to KristianW For This Useful Post:
May I ask what characters the note contained? Maybe Conboy is choking on the XML when it reaches a cetain character... this is pretty unlikely though.

The Following User Says Thank You to windsurfer For This Useful Post:

Tags
conboy, grauphel