Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Engmex View Post
Hi does anyone know a URL for Google satellite images. None listed here work.
Give this a go:
Code:
http://khm.google.com/kh/v=49&x=%d&y=%d&zoom=%d
I have just tested it and it is working for me, please not that this is just the satellite imagery, it does not include an overlay of roads or labels.

Originally Posted by LES.. View Post
Give this a go:
Code:
http://khm.google.com/kh/v=49&x=%d&y=%d&zoom=%d
that's working thanks

So when is this thing coming out?

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Northern Virginia
I installed maemo-mapper and downloaded the "sample" repositories however Google Street is the only one that does not work. Attempting to use it produces the following error:

Unable to create map database for reopository: Google Street

I can't find any obvious errors. I have googled and looked in what I thought were the obvious places, but can't find a solution. Does anyone know what to do to correct this? It looks like a useful app, but I would like to use Google Streets if possible. Once I've had a chance to use it for a trip I intend to donate. Thanks.

Originally Posted by lingenfr View Post
I installed maemo-mapper and downloaded the "sample" repositories however Google Street is the only one that does not work. Attempting to use it produces the following error:

I can't find any obvious errors. I have googled and looked in what I thought were the obvious places, but can't find a solution. Does anyone know what to do to correct this? It looks like a useful app, but I would like to use Google Streets if possible. Once I've had a chance to use it for a trip I intend to donate. Thanks.
Hello!
Had this concern myself a couple weeks ago. Go back a little through this thread and you'll find directions to access the page / media info from Google maps that will show you the URL you need to then edit to Maemo Mapper specs. I did this and played with it a bit, and all my repositories are great now. Plus, you'll be able to update the URL easily if Google changes it again. Cheers,

The Following User Says Thank You to speedmartini For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Northern Virginia
I read the thread before I posted this. In 26 pages of posts there are many about google. If you know of a particular one that is working for you for Google Streets, I would appreciate your identifying the actual post or just providing your information which is working. This appears to be the most recent post:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=243

I tried the URL from this post and it does not work for me. I still get the same database error. I am not sure whether the URL is the problem, one of the other settings or just my machine.

Last edited by lingenfr; 2010-02-21 at 13:44.

Here's the general area I'm looking at in google maps in firefox:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...,0.891953&z=11

Then tools/ page info/ media

A representative tile that gives us the repository URL (pick any really):

http://mt1.google.com/vt/lyrs=m@118&...718&z=11&s=Gal

You had the right post (#243) so we convert this to Maemo Mapper format and:

http://mt.google.com/vt/lyrs=m@118&x=%d&y=%d&zoom=%d

This is then entered into the Google Street URL in Manage Repositories and saved - enable auto download if off and it should work. The above is what I changed my repository URL to and it's been working without problem. With this process you can then update the repository info any time Google might change it. Another good idea is to create a MMaps folder on one of your media cards and change the Cache DB to point there as I hit over a GB in cached maps pretty quickly. Hope this helps,

Last edited by speedmartini; 2010-02-22 at 04:40. Reason: add text

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to speedmartini For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Subotica, Serbia

Problem with Google Street is in the resource it is getting the repositories from. Somewhere the separator for parameters is bad, so when it gets the data the url contains the Cache DB name at the end of the url.
Just edit the url and delete " Google Maps" from the end of it. Add Couch DB name, original is Google Maps.
Besides this I set the Download Zoom Steps to 2 and unchecked the "Double something" (can't see the end) besides it.
You'll also need to set the Downloadable Zooms (Mine is Min:4 Max: 20). This step is needed because all the settings are moved one up, because the separator for url, cache db is missing. So it takes the next setting for each of them after that.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmlado For This Useful Post:
This looks like a great app, and I'm hoping to be able to make it work.

So having fixed all the problem just mentioned with the Google Street repository, I still can't "Manage Maps...". It tells me that I must set a valid database filename. I know it's correct, though, because I can see the directory under .maps taking up more space as I zoom in and out.

I have lots of other bugs and questions; where's the best place to discuss this app or report bugs?

-Robin

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
... the following error:

Originally Posted by speedmartini View Post
...the URL you need to then edit to Maemo Mapper specs. I did this and played with it a bit, and all my repositories are great now.
@SpeedMartini: Just to confirm, you were only changing the URL, and not the file path? If so, you've solved a puzzle for me, because I thought that error message was referring to the inability to create the file -- not an inability to connect to the maps file repository.
http://www.eff.org.