Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
China invest even more in Jolla, and people here thinks YAY FANTASTIC.
Well... that's better than China stealing your IP and manufacturing a 30 dollar knockoff of your smartphone that has an old-school grey/black LCD screen and calls it your exact model/make name.

Investing from China is a good thing, for the company. But not... well, as you stated, not for the EU and other places directly. Indirectly, it grants Jolla a foundation and they can spread into other places easier. Go where the buyers are - and the EU/US are all about iOS and Android at the moment.

Even BlackBerry has had to curb their sales expectations by 83% due to lack of interest and sales and they were pretty moderate to begin with, imho.

Thing is: ****ing EU doesn' invest anything in Jolla (or anything else for that matter) we prefer to sell out everything in desperation.
Sounds like how in the US, if there are no overnight queues for a product (read: people in line overnight) then it is a failure.

Soon europe and then US is third world...
Not yet - America will be there sooner than the EU. But it'll be just that our markets due to quickly becoming one of two cultures makes it harder for good products to make headway into mindshare and sales as long as people remain loyal to their monoculture.

I'm not a fan of what's going on. But it's happening regardless it seems. So that's the consequence - we're starting to get things second or third.

Let's hope that Jolla takes those investments and actually do what the other companies have not - learn from their mistakes, become more savvy and treat each market as it wants to be treated as opposed to some widely applied tactic that rarely works if your name isn't Coca Cola or (sadly) Apple.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Very long post.

Welcome back gerbick

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
The SDK is finally out along with some interesting details about the UI.
The first thing is closing an app by swiping from top of the screen (as mentioned in another thread), the second one is an event screen like in Harmattan, accessible by swiping from the bottom everywhere (or more edges on the home screens).

This is good news, I guess, I'm just not sure about the gestures (being used to webOS' swipe to show running apps), but it might be the best option possible.

(fyi I'm posting in this thread, because this is neither about the SDK nor about Concerns/Criticisms, Videos, etc...)

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Got Linux?
Hit Download to get started with the SDK. Windows and Mac OS X users, stay tuned.
Ahahaa, i like this !
Barnabas Collins

Posts: 202 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Apeldoorn, Netherlands
Aaaand jolla.com is down. Obviously nobody knows you've to go to www.sailfish.org -.-

Or some people (*cough*Elop*cough*) are ddos'ing Jolla

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
sailfishos.org, sadly someone already owns sailfish.org, just looks like a personal site, hopefully Jolla will eventually convince them to relinquish it.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Sofia, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by tiempjuuh View Post
Aaaand jolla.com is down....
Hmm, it works for me.May be something is going on with the DNS servers
Barnabas Collins

Last edited by kollin; 2013-02-25 at 19:33.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
sailfishos.org, sadly someone already owns sailfish.org, just looks like a personal site, hopefully Jolla will eventually convince them to relinquish it.
Someone just hacked sailfish

Jolla.com down again.

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-02-25 at 19:37.

Setting it up and running the demo app actually works, unlike Mer, or maybe I was unlucky when I did it. Nice. I actually came here first to see what Dave999 had to say

Excellent, my posts are so nice so you will read them twice!

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla