Active Topics

Notices

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I have a fix for DarkGUNMAN: it turns out GnomeVFS chokes on non-files, so it can't determine the mimetype for things like rtsp: streams.

If anyone knows of a library that can handle non-file parameters, I'm interested!

I'll see if I can also figure out rebhana's problem before pushing out a new version.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I have a fix for DarkGUNMAN: it turns out GnomeVFS chokes on non-files, so it can't determine the mimetype for things like rtsp: streams.
If I read this properly, I don't think you have much of a choice but to use GnomeVFS for local files. Certainly, I've never seen MIME-type definitions installed elsewhere on Maemo. For remote files, though, no idea, sorry.

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
rebhana, can you give me a link to an application/postscript file on the web?
http://people.sc.fsu.edu/~burkardt/data/ps/ps.html

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
OK, rebhana, it isn't anything broken with dbus-switchboard. You just have to add lines to the two mimetype files.

First, /usr/share/applications/defaults.list

application/postscript=hildon-dbus-switchboard.desktop

Next, /usr/share/applications/uri-action-defaults.list

application-postscript=hildon-dbus-switchboard.desktop

Note that it is application-postscript not application/postscript in the uri-action-defaults.list file. And no, don't ask me why.

I will add this type to my postinst script, might as well make it available for everyone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
New version (1.2.16) in Extras-devel!

This fixes rtsp: streaming (and other protocols) by not checking the mimetype for parameters that have "://" in them (doesn't include "file://"). I've also added .sdp cross-referenced with VLC, and I've added application/postscript to the necessary files for rebhana.

Interesting! Apparently this new version isn't overwriting the link to /etc/gnome/defaults.list anymore, and now the file is getting messed up.

I'm investigating...

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Interesting! Apparently this new version isn't overwriting the link to /etc/gnome/defaults.list anymore, and now the file is getting messed up.

I'm investigating...
Also the last two versions didn't overwrite the link for me. Looking at defaults.list, I notice that (with version 1.2.15) I have repetitive entries: 2 blocks headed each by "# DBus-Switchboard default associations" , then
Code:
# Catch-all on N900
unknown/unknown=hildon-dbus-switchboard.desktop
followed by another block headed by "# DBus-Switchboard default associations".

And on top of that, I didn't do the application/postscript associations correctly! I did "dbus-switchboard.desktop" instead of "hildon-dbus-switchboard.desktop"...

New version (1.2.17) repairs /etc/gnome/defaults.list if required and then breaks the link to /usr/share/applications/default.list so that changes to the latter file will have no impact on the /etc/gnome file (since it isn't really used by hildon apps). Upon removal of dbus-switchboard, the changed file in .../applications is removed and the link to /etc/gnome is re-established.

I also fixed my embarrassing mistake with the application/postscript type. dbus-switchboard is properly invoked for this type now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Im getting this error when trying to open a rtsp stream both rstp and .sdp are associated to Vlc as default.
Code:
~ $ dbus-switchboard.py
dbus-switchboard started
--
-- dbus-switchboard: Received an RPC to mime_open.
-- dbus-switchboard: RPC had arguments ['rtsp://84.234.23.214/iphone/iphone_bbctwo.sdp?userID=25061&accessKey=12768015724o6x78v2ysiencq0zwtxu&sdp=iphone_bbctwo.sdp&device=mobile'].
-- dbus-switchboard: Interface is org.dbus.switchsvc 
-- dbus-switchboard: user_data is <osso.context.Context object at 0x407bf030> 
------
-- params : file://rtsp://84.234.23.214/iphone/iphone_bbctwo.sdp?userID=25061&accessKey=12768015724o6x78v2ysiencq0zwtxu&sdp=iphone_bbctwo.sdp&device=mobile
-- params2 : rtsp://84.234.23.214/iphone/iphone_bbctwo.sdp?userID=25061&accessKey=12768015724o6x78v2ysiencq0zwtxu&sdp=iphone_bbctwo.sdp&device=mobile
-- realparams : file://rtsp://84.234.23.214/iphone/iphone_bbctwo.sdp?userID=25061&accessKey=12768015724o6x78v2ysiencq0zwtxu&sdp=iphone_bbctwo.sdp&device=mobile
-- realparams2 : rtsp://84.234.23.214/iphone/iphone_bbctwo.sdp?userID=25061&accessKey=12768015724o6x78v2ysiencq0zwtxu&sdp=iphone_bbctwo.sdp&device=mobile
------
no handler found
**Load Mime XRef**
@ /home/user/.mimetypes/user-mimetypes.list
Any ideas?
Great app by the way