How easily Maemo applications would work in Meego? There are a couple of Maemo applications(SunVox) that would make this infinitely more interesting, than any Android phone.

Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
More concerned about the gpu.
me too, bit poor for Q3 2011.

OMAP 4xxx, Phy Keyboard, HDMI Out missing

Well, the pre-reviews are slowly coming in, as well as some hands-on reviews.

Mostly extremely positive (in the, wow, Nokia made a great phone way), but almost none fail to mention the burning platform/apps/development issues.

A few are actually flabbergasted as to what Nokia was thinking... Great UI on a platform they have been explicit they will abandon, hence difficult to recommend.

Does anyone know if N9 has full Nokia Maps, with proper TurnByTurn Navigation?

If it does then can someone at Nokia explain why the hell the N900 never got it to this day please???

(not holding my breath for that last one to be answered)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 159 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Norway
Ahh, no keyboard was disapointing, and the UI looked..shitty I guess.
And whats up with no desktop.:|

OHwell, it's a pass from me. Maybe im to much of a N900 fan boy. But hey, who can blame me !

------------------------------------------
Alienware M15X
Razer Naga/Lycosa/Charcarias
Win7 - Ubuntu 10.10

Did I help you ? Then thank me ! --->

The Following User Says Thank You to futtawuh For This Useful Post:
And of course,

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/21/n...irst-hands-on/

And Gizmodo is officially on drugs:

http://gizmodo.com/5813907/nokia-n9-...tware/gallery/

Actually, just got the joke... sorry Gizmodo.

does it have micro usb hdmi output?

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Caracas - Miami - Caracas
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Not really the same. N950 is a limited-edition, not-for-sale developer device which Nokia will be making available through developer channels only. It has a hardware keyboard. The N9 is the consumer model and does not.

Many phone geeks like hardware keyboard. Subjectively, it gives more control. Objectively, it leaves the screen clear from fingers while typing. Historically we haven't been impressed with touchscreen keyboards (except maybe qole).

A very important point. I agree

Sorry, not happening (edit: unless this speculation from marrat turns out to be true; I hope it does!). FM transmitter in the N900 requires hardware which the N9 does not seem to have.

Agree.

Sweet.

Yes and no. N9 isn't running plain MeeGo, but rather what Nokia call "the outcome of the MeeGo effort". It's a blend. Other people here have posted better explanations than I could of exactly where the line is drawn.

As open as the N900 (so some core bits like display drivers you can expect to be closed).

Yes, without a doubt; totally integrated out of the box. Read the full N9 spec from Nokia, as it answers many of your questions.

It's open. You can install anything, or write your own. This isn't the Apple We-Control-What-You-Install App Store. You can install whatever you like, and what you do with it is up to you. I'm not a lawyer but it may be illegal to download/upload copyrighted stuff, blah blah blah.

Again, not really. And you won't be able to get an N950 (and neither will I), but the N9 is looking pretty sweet.
Thanks for your answers.

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????