Notices

Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ California's Central Valley
Hello, I have a Nokia N810, less than one week old. The first thing I did is upgrade to Diablo. The next thing I did is download Canola 2 and all of its plugins. They all work except for the youtube plugin. The plugin doesn't show up anywhere. The first place I looked was under "video", then I searched everywhere and checked all of the possible settings. I read some instructions as to how it works and watched videos on youtube demonstrating the plugin. In every case it shows up as one of the "video" options. But for me, it just isn't there! I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and all plugins, beginning with the repository. Still no sign of the youtube option in the program, though I was informed that it installed correctly. Any ideas?

Otherwise, great program! Listening to music and checking out pictures is fantastic.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ São Paulo
Originally Posted by lschuman View Post
Hello, I have a Nokia N810, less than one week old. The first thing I did is upgrade to Diablo. The next thing I did is download Canola 2 and all of its plugins. They all work except for the youtube plugin. The plugin doesn't show up anywhere. The first place I looked was under "video", then I searched everywhere and checked all of the possible settings. I read some instructions as to how it works and watched videos on youtube demonstrating the plugin. In every case it shows up as one of the "video" options. But for me, it just isn't there! I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and all plugins, beginning with the repository. Still no sign of the youtube option in the program, though I was informed that it installed correctly. Any ideas?

Otherwise, great program! Listening to music and checking out pictures is fantastic.
Hi, which version of canola and the youtube plugins are you using ???

The Following User Says Thank You to lfelipe For This Useful Post:
The only version of Canola I've been able to get is 10 (2.0.0-beta10-maemo3); I've read on the Canola 2 site that I should use 9, but the tablet's application update only sends me to 10. Going from maemo.org, etc. points me to 10 as well. The youtube plugin is 0.1.4 (0.1.4-maemo1). I appreciate your help!

I'd like to mention again that Canola 2 is an amazing program. I'm very, very impressed.

Originally Posted by lschuman View Post
The only version of Canola I've been able to get is 10 (2.0.0-beta10-maemo3); I've read on the Canola 2 site that I should use 9, but the tablet's application update only sends me to 10. Going from maemo.org, etc. points me to 10 as well. The youtube plugin is 0.1.4 (0.1.4-maemo1). I appreciate your help!

I'd like to mention again that Canola 2 is an amazing program. I'm very, very impressed.
You've the extras-devel repository enabled (which is where canola2-beta10 is available). If you disable it and enable the extras repository, you should find the canola2-beta9 and matching canola2-youtube-plugin.

The Following User Says Thank You to lfelipe For This Useful Post:
Thank you very much. I'll learn how to do that and give it a try.

It worked! I also had to run Canola cleanup (before that the program told me that it had to close because the "home drive is out of memory"). Youtube looks very nice in Canola.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Mexico City
I'm pretty sure this is old news, but I searched the thread and the forum and found no answers:

Running Canola 2.0.0-beta 9-maemo3. Just reflashed OS to Diablo. Ran Canola before on Chinook without problems, unfortunately don't have version data but it was most likely previous than beta 9.

I'm having a lot of problems with playlists, either using old ones or creating new ones. All my old playlists appear normally but when I try to listen any track I get an error: "File not Found". These playlists were originally created with the original Media Player in the Tablet OS. Canola was able to use them without problems in Chinook.

Trying to use the Top Rated and Most Played options gives the same error.

If I try to create a new playlist everything SEEMS fine but after saving I try to use the playlist and no tracks were saved. It appears completely blank. No tracks appear listed

However if I try to listen to the same tracks using the "Browse by Folder option" (A Godsend! Thanks for this!) everything works fine. Internet Radio works perfectly, and the speed and reliability of the application has improved greatly. However I find this playlists issue very annoying and strange.

Any idea on what may be happening? Hope I'm not being redundant.

Congratulations on a great application

Angel B
Mexico City

Originally Posted by angelb View Post
I'm pretty sure this is old news, but I searched the thread and the forum and found no answers:

Running Canola 2.0.0-beta 9-maemo3. Just reflashed OS to Diablo. Ran Canola before on Chinook without problems, unfortunately don't have version data but it was most likely previous than beta 9.

I'm having a lot of problems with playlists, either using old ones or creating new ones. All my old playlists appear normally but when I try to listen any track I get an error: "File not Found". These playlists were originally created with the original Media Player in the Tablet OS. Canola was able to use them without problems in Chinook.

Trying to use the Top Rated and Most Played options gives the same error.

If I try to create a new playlist everything SEEMS fine but after saving I try to use the playlist and no tracks were saved. It appears completely blank. No tracks appear listed

However if I try to listen to the same tracks using the "Browse by Folder option" (A Godsend! Thanks for this!) everything works fine. Internet Radio works perfectly, and the speed and reliability of the application has improved greatly. However I find this playlists issue very annoying and strange.

Any idea on what may be happening? Hope I'm not being redundant.

Congratulations on a great application

Angel B
Mexico City
Hey Angel,

thanks for your feedback. I've not yet seen this problem you're having with playlists, they do play fine here. Do you think you could post the playlist (only the .m3u file, not the musics) somewhere where we can take a look at it ?

Cheers,
--lf

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Mexico City
LF:

Here are some samples of the playlists I mentioned: The *.pls were created via Canola and the *.m3u via the standard Media Player. Previously I was able to import the *.m3u to Canola without any problem. I also tried using the "By Genre" option to listen some tracks and the result is the same "File not found" although the file is there. Curiously enough the track information is shown correctly onscreen first.

You can download them here

Hope you can shed some light on this problem.

Obrigado pela vossa ajuda

Originally Posted by angelb View Post
LF:

Here are some samples of the playlists I mentioned: The *.pls were created via Canola and the *.m3u via the standard Media Player. Previously I was able to import the *.m3u to Canola without any problem. I also tried using the "By Genre" option to listen some tracks and the result is the same "File not found" although the file is there. Curiously enough the track information is shown correctly onscreen first.

You can download them here

Hope you can shed some light on this problem.

Obrigado pela vossa ajuda
Angelb, sorry for the delay. I've been unable so far to reproduce this behavior. None of the musics on the playlist work ? Or only some of them ?
If you could please run canola from a terminal with verbose mode active ('canola -vvv') and output this to a file somewhere, it would be really useful to try to debug this.
Hopefully we'll be able to fix this soon

Muchas gracias :P