Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
Also keep in mind that they've issued refund to some people. Some of them are IGG contributors
One mythical refund. Looks like the 100 mythical tablets. Even if it were real, it does not necessarily mean Jolla refunded it. More likely it was PayPal who yanked the money back from Jolla and refunded it. I've had a few refunds like that from dodgy eBay sellers and in all cases, the transaction looks like the seller refunded the money but it was PayPal who did.

It does not mean they (Jolla) have the money. It only means the refund increases their debt.

You can clearly get the picture, they have money, but they've asked for protection from creditors not to be sued and not to be ask for a refund because "that would be potentially dangerous for their business".
They've asked for a temporary ban. Exactly to prevent cases like the above.

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by att View Post
Try to find an investor or a buyer for Jolla. I don't think anything less will help, unfortunately.
as it seems, there's a plenty of buyers but there's nothing to buy

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Anyone want to guess what the value of the closed components of Sailfish will be if they get sold off?

That's a different question to what the development costs were - I can't see how the closed parts are going to be worth much to anyone who isn't trying to ship a mobile OS.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Anyone want to guess what the value of the closed components of Sailfish will be if they get sold off?

That's a different question to what the development costs were - I can't see how the closed parts are going to be worth much to anyone who isn't trying to ship a mobile OS.
Nil?

10chars

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I'm ready to Buy jolla for $499 given I can fire everyone of the top managment and I can exclude the massive dept.

My offer stands until tomorrow.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-12-11 at 14:20.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
From the looks of it, this prometheus guy seems to be trying the old trick of being the loudest complaining customer, in the hope he'll get his refund. Screw anyone else or Jolla's chance of getting out of this mess. And this 'proof' he keeps posting seems to be an doctored email from the original campaign - below it quotes a total of $583k. The final total was about $2m more.

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
Nil?

10chars
Serious answers? It's worth something to me, and probably to a lot of other Jolla owners, so it's certainly worth something.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
Serious answers? It's worth something to me, and probably to a lot of other Jolla owners, so it's certainly worth something.
You have to concider that you also have to cover Jollas unpaid bills to get the OS since Jolla priorities OS dev over other costs. So it could be worth zero or less for all we know.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
You have to concider that you also have to cover Jollas unpaid bills to get the OS since Jolla priorities OS dev over other costs. So it could be worth zero or less for all we know.
I don't think that's how it will work. If Jolla goes bankrupt, its IP will be sold, and the proceeds will go to creditors. The debt will not travel with the IP.

But does Jolla even own Sailfish OS or whatever there is to own? Isn't it Sailfish Holding that owns Sailfish and Jolla owns some part(well i guess it is big part) of it?

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund