Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 251 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Earth, Milky-way Galaxy
Bug with sync and other bug with pop up window option: when you select pop up window option and save there is no effect on it when you go back and check it is not selected it will be in its old form "without select"

@ Scorpious: Hope you'll address this bugs with fix new release soon!

Nokia N900 (48GB): Maemo 5 PR 1.3 CSSU Smeamo6

Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post
That screenshot is not helpful at all.

Anyway looks like your phone is heavily modified, and maybe some program you have is causing the problem.

Anyway try deleting the just file /home/user/.yappari/chats.db only and then running Yappari. I'm not sure it's gonna work but at least you can try.

If it doesn't help then I can't help you. You'd have to debug the software yourself, the sources are available.
worked like magic. Thanks a million times

Hello,
Everything was working great until today, yappari keeps trying to reconnect.
.log file says "There was an IO exception: Connection error."

Anybody else experiencing same problems?

Thanks,

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by lenix View Post
Hello,
Everything was working great until today, yappari keeps trying to reconnect.
.log file says "There was an IO exception: Connection error."

Anybody else experiencing same problems?

Thanks,
Works fine for me.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
Hey Scorpius, check my post a few posts up this page. I've had a "connection closed by server" error all morning. Now i can connect fine, but i'm getting, and apparently sending, msgs to and from wrong unknown people.

Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by ahmadamaj View Post
Hey Scorpius, check my post a few posts up this page. I've had a "connection closed by server" error all morning. Now i can connect fine, but i'm getting, and apparently sending, msgs to and from wrong unknown people.
Try changing your port to 443. About the sending/receiving messages to/from wrong people, doesn't happen to me.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Lebanon- Beirut
OK, thanks. That's the first time it happens with me, and it only happened after the "connection closed by server" error stopped happening. Probably a mistake from whatsapp's side, because the unknown people do not see my real name.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
following again this thread...just updated now to 0.27 thanks again for your work, and the new smilyes!

ps: sometimes yappari starts in a loop like: connected...protocol exception error...retry in 10 seconds...connected...protocol exception...retry in 10 sec...until i close and restart. is it linked to the fact that somebody sent me a picture when i was offline and is not possible to retrieve it when online again?

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Originally Posted by gianko View Post
following again this thread...just updated now to 0.27 thanks again for your work, and the new smilyes!

ps: sometimes yappari starts in a loop like: connected...protocol exception error...retry in 10 seconds...connected...protocol exception...retry in 10 sec...until i close and restart. is it linked to the fact that somebody sent me a picture when i was offline and is not possible to retrieve it when online again?
The protocol exception is mostly caused by the picture bug. You will just have to ask the person to send the picture again. Since it never arrived for you.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ united states
Hi Guys

I have been using v0.0.25 til today and received registration fail message. I removed v0.0.25 "dkpg -r yappari" and updated with yappari_0.0.27_armel.deb by using:
Code:
dpkg -i yappari_0.0.27_armel.deb
rebooted the phone and getting "blocked" message in log files. I didn't remove any directories from previous version. The log is attached. Any way to work around this issue if anyone else has seen the same problem as of today or with version v0.0.25?

Thank you.

My expiration has occured: 1358129754
GMT: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 02:15:54 GMT
Your time zone: Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:15:54 PM

Any resolution?
Attached Files
File Type: txt yappari.txt (1.2 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by ixahmd; 2013-01-14 at 02:20. Reason: additional info

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp