-Select text by touch
-Colour text

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by lukeflegg View Post
I can't wait to use Conboy.

But it won't be until I can

-Select text by touch
-Colour text
I guess you won't use the email app either then.

The Following User Says Thank You to mclarson For This Useful Post:
Conny, any news on the U1 sync issues. I cant wait to get that working properly.

Eric

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by eric_stammers View Post
Conny, any news on the U1 sync issues. I cant wait to get that working properly.

Eric
Thanks for the continuing interest The thing is, that I've to hand in my final thesis at the end of the month, so I'm quite busy these days. If everything works out as expected, I should find some time to work on Conboy in March again. Sorry for all those delays.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
This app is extremely useful, looks good, works well and I use it often. I would like to put many more random notes in it but I find that, due to there being no way to group notes, I add notes sparingly.

I used to use notecase on the n810 to store a fairly large heirarchy of notes, but that app does not work well with the n900 yet. It would be excellent if there was some way to group notes - especially in some sort of hierarchy so I could then start importing from notecase. Are there any plans to do this?

The Following User Says Thank You to mclarson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 138 | Thanked: 103 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Southern Germany
Originally Posted by mclarson View Post
I used to use notecase on the n810 to store a fairly large heirarchy of notes, but that app does not work well with the n900 yet.
Did you notice that there is a notecase pro version which works on the n900 (except that it is not hildonized a lot?
The unregistered edition has some limitations compared to the licensed one but it is at least usable for most purposes I used the community edition for.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I know that Conboy doesn't have an explicit save mechanism but instead saves automatically, but can you tell me (and maybe document on http://conboy.garage.maemo.org/ for future reference) how the autosave works. Is it only when you close a note (e.g. navigate to a different note) or close the app, or does it save the current note periodically?

I ask because I often leave Conboy open with an edited note, and want to know if that note is safe in case the device crashes or runs out of battery.

Originally Posted by mclarson View Post
This app is extremely useful, looks good, works well and I use it often. I would like to put many more random notes in it but I find that, due to there being no way to group notes, I add notes sparingly.

I used to use notecase on the n810 to store a fairly large heirarchy of notes, but that app does not work well with the n900 yet. It would be excellent if there was some way to group notes - especially in some sort of hierarchy so I could then start importing from notecase. Are there any plans to do this?
Itīs planned to support notebooks. Notebooks are more like tagging, though. A note can be in several notebooks, but there is no hierarchy. Still, it can be used to group notes - just not hierarchical

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
I know that Conboy doesn't have an explicit save mechanism but instead saves automatically, but can you tell me (and maybe document on http://conboy.garage.maemo.org/ for future reference) how the autosave works. Is it only when you close a note (e.g. navigate to a different note) or close the app, or does it save the current note periodically?
Changed notes are saved, after you stopped typing for 5 seconds. Also changed notes are saved, whenever you switch to another note and if you close the application.

Generally youīre notes are saved quite often

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by conny View Post
Itīs planned to support notebooks. Notebooks are more like tagging, though. A note can be in several notebooks, but there is no hierarchy. Still, it can be used to group notes - just not hierarchical
I like this idea. Notes in multiple notebooks would be very useful. Hierarchies can be a pain actually. As hierarchies grow it gets harder to categorise notes as they often belong in a few places. Mine grew quite large and search was not great on notecase on the n810 - no F3 key to repeat the search!

Any idea when this feature will be added? I don't know how other people feel but for me this is more important than any other feature as it stops me adding notes!

Tags
conboy, grauphel