Notices

coupon code was from runningdigital.com I think.

Ecoach is excellent. I've been using it for a bit, works well with heiaheia.

No promises of anything but I have the belt and I am working on software right now to make an ecoach like fitness app.
David

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Finland
How can I add Finnish Topomaps to eCoach? Somewhere you mentioned that you can't automatically do that (some copyright problems) ?

It's snowing now and topomaps would be good help in skiing!

I got the Zephyr BT-belt on monday and have been testing it with eCoach. Works good.

But, sometimes I would just want to record my heart rate during the night or a gym workout. I wouldn't need GPS tracking then. And in current version the recording does not start before GPS fix it got.
In indoors (cellar), one may not get GPS-fix at all and heart rate recording will never start.

So, a feature request:
One sport event, called "No GPS", where it would ignore GPS-tracking and won't wait GPS-fix to start recording heart rate.

btw, Is there any other known apps to N900 which could use Zephyr BT heart rate belt?

Last edited by zimon; 2010-11-03 at 12:54.

Originally Posted by Metsämies View Post
How can I add Finnish Topomaps to eCoach? Somewhere you mentioned that you can't automatically do that (some copyright problems) ?

It's snowing now and topomaps would be good help in skiing!
I'd love to have eCoach using local stored maps, which Mappero and Modrana are using. Both programs use nowadays same local resources; directory and sqlite3 database.

Last edited by zimon; 2010-11-03 at 12:57.

Anyone know if Suunto heart rate monitors work with ecoach?

Posts: 158 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Anyone know if Suunto heart rate monitors work with ecoach?
They are not Bluetooth compatible, i believe ... so, no.

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
btw, Is there any other known apps to N900 which could use Zephyr BT heart rate belt?
hxmtracker

The Following User Says Thank You to Nikem For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
Have there been any updates to the eCoach progress?

Just started using it and eCoach is really only missing the audio alerts ie kilometre updates, minute updates.

You could even incorporate a beep test activity

Little off-topic, but does anyone have a file bluetooth_hxm_api_guide.pdf to give?
It used to be in http://www.zephyrtech.co.nz/assets/p..._api_guide.pdf, but is not there anymore and couldn't find it.

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by lgarratt View Post
Have there been any updates to the eCoach progress?

Just started using it and eCoach is really only missing the audio alerts ie kilometre updates, minute updates.

You could even incorporate a beep test activity
Hello

I dont think that I will be making much upgrade anymore for current GTK+ based eCoach.

I am in the works with Qt / QML based eCoach and developing it is so much easier than with GTK+ and Hildon.... So most likely all the new features will be in the new version.

Release of new eCoach has been delayed because at first I implemented it with just Qt but then I got to know QML and I changed to use it as the main technology.

However now the cause for more delays have been the Qt Mobility API and its QML bindings which are not yet completely ready. But hopefully soon. And I also will change to use Qt-Components in the UI components and that took also some effort.

The basic functionality like recording an activity and showing the log works but at the moment drawing route on the map doesn't work. Also the upload functionality to HeiaHeia is not yet complete.