Active Topics

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ london
cloudgps is just awesome and very fast even on a 3G connection but there two things if you dont mind me sayin that wud make it even better... firstly to have improved search results for a location cause sometimes it produce a result in a whole another country lol... secondly to have a keyboard shortcuts listed somewhere within the program ... keep up the fab work mate

Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
I have uploaded version 0.5.6 with (hopefully) fixed dependecies to extras-devel. Please update and let me know if it installs fine.
Installed fine. Looks impressive. Looking forward to playing around with it tomorrow. Will report back.

Originally Posted by mohi2k7 View Post
cloudgps is just awesome and very fast even on a 3G connection but there two things if you dont mind me sayin that wud make it even better... firstly to have improved search results for a location cause sometimes it produce a result in a whole another country lol... secondly to have a keyboard shortcuts listed somewhere within the program ... keep up the fab work mate
change the search engine to 'google local search' for a more uh, localised search. ('s' button).

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tpike View Post
Installed fine. Looks impressive. Looking forward to playing around with it tomorrow. Will report back.
How have you managed to download the latest version, as I cannot get it via HAM or FAM and even apt-get install shows the old version?

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
How have you managed to download the latest version, as I cannot get it via HAM or FAM and even apt-get install shows the old version?
Enable development repository.

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
Enable development repository.
Cheers but it looks like the repos might be down for me in the UK at the moment.

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
change the search engine to 'google local search' for a more uh, localised search. ('s' button).
Does that mean, now we can have search based on the Google Maps??? If Yes.. Where do i make the editing???

Originally Posted by fareed_xtreme View Post
Does that mean, now we can have search based on the Google Maps??? If Yes.. Where do i make the editing???
WTF are you talking about?

Where do i make the editing???
Do you mean 'where do I type search terms?' In that case you press the binoculars button on the bottom left area of the screen.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 291 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London, UK
WTF are you talking about?

Do you mean 'where do I type search terms?' In that case you press the binoculars button on the bottom left area of the screen.
Relax Mate.... Sorry for nooby question.. Just wanted to know how to change the search provider from CloudSearch to Google. Juts noticed that pressing the 's' does the trick.

Thanks anyway for ur time..

EDIT: Was under the impression that i need to edit some backend files to enable this search.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Smyrna, Atlanta / Bangalore, India
Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
I have uploaded version 0.5.6 with (hopefully) fixed dependecies to extras-devel. Please update and let me know if it installs fine.
One of the best map applications. Even though its in beta and features are being added the fluid experience has been there from day one.

Thanks you very much for developing this

Tags
best gps app