Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ombre View Post
but my guess is that we won't have no more Nokia by then.
Now is the turning point from which on you can only wish for Nokia to go belly-up. This is an evil zombie, no longer the company we were once loyal to.
If Nokia continues to exist, it will only benefit Microsoft and that is IMHO a really bad thing for the sake of the mobile phone world.

I totally despise the new Nokia.
My sympathies are with Nokia's (former-)employees.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
Elop sent a personal video message, where he said thank you etc.
Reminds of that scene from Robocop, though the message itself was probably more like something from Mission Impossible: 'Project Meltemi will self-destruct in five seconds. Goodbye'.

My website

GitHub

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I totally despise the new Nokia.
My sympathies are with Nokia's (former-)employees.
Nokia N9 & N950 - the last *true* Nokia phones...

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by user/zero View Post
Nokia N9 & N950 - the last *true* Nokia phones...
the 808, actually. It came after the n9.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
^

Well reporters talked to employees in ulm.

The engineers working at ulm are disappointed since they were very enthusiastic about the project they were working on (meltemi). Also people working there are from 30+ countries.

Member of management flew in with security guards (don't know name).

Elop sent a personal video message, where he said thank you etc., obviously the result was some laughter and boos.

One employee says he and many of his co-workers are convinced nokia will be dead (literally translated: go belly up) in a year or so.

Also from here:

http://www.swp.de/ulm/lokales/ulm_ne...158544,1501570

I left out the details...
I want that personal video message. anyone?

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Who cares about Nokia!

Some of the people behind Maemo are hopefully at:

http://summit.devaamo.fi/

lets hope those people and others start a new cool FOSS based company in european in the future.

Bye bye Nokia its over.

"Originally, Meltemi was developed in collaboration with subcontractor called Nomovok. In spring 2011, all subcontractor contracts were terminated. Meltemi development was continued in Oulu and part of the work was transferred to new location in Ulm,Germany (possibly because the termination of the Bochum plant was proved to be extremely expensive operation). If Nokia had continued to use subcontractors instead of moving the development to new people in new location, the Meltemi phone would have been ready last January. It is possible that McDowell got fired because she could not deliver the Meltemi phones in promised schedule.
Meanwhile, the Android phones have become cheaper and are now competing in the same price points the Meltemi phones were planned to operate, which could be a reason to cancel the Meltemi project. However, Elop has not admitted anything yet. It could be that the Meltemi work still continues in Oulu and the reason to close the Ulm was that they were just incompetent. Nokia still continues to develop QT and now that Symbian is buried, the only reason would be that there will be another QT compatible OS coming. I hope that Maemo/Linux work still continues, but I’m getting more doubtful all the time."

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/06/15/no...comment-594983

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
"Originally, Meltemi was developed in collaboration with subcontractor called Nomovok. In spring 2011, all subcontractor contracts were terminated. Meltemi development was continued in Oulu and part of the work was transferred to new location in Ulm,Germany (possibly because the termination of the Bochum plant was proved to be extremely expensive operation). If Nokia had continued to use subcontractors instead of moving the development to new people in new location, the Meltemi phone would have been ready last January. It is possible that McDowell got fired because she could not deliver the Meltemi phones in promised schedule.
Meanwhile, the Android phones have become cheaper and are now competing in the same price points the Meltemi phones were planned to operate, which could be a reason to cancel the Meltemi project. However, Elop has not admitted anything yet. It could be that the Meltemi work still continues in Oulu and the reason to close the Ulm was that they were just incompetent. Nokia still continues to develop QT and now that Symbian is buried, the only reason would be that there will be another QT compatible OS coming. I hope that Maemo/Linux work still continues, but I’m getting more doubtful all the time."

http://mynokiablog.com/2012/06/15/no...comment-594983

Ridicilous article that gives false hope on something that never will happen.

I guess the blogger havent seen the inteview with Eflop, where almost says Qt soon is dead for Nokia.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Ridicilous article that gives false hope on something that never will happen.

I guess the blogger havent seen the inteview with Eflop, where almost says Qt soon is dead for Nokia.
It's not an article dude - it's a comment left by what looks to be a Nokia employee

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
It's not an article dude - it's a comment left by what looks to be a Nokia employee
yeye but still..

Tags
downward_spiral, fu_flop, memories