Posts: 80 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Stockholm (formally Amsterdam, London)
Hi people,

I'm not sure that this should be the place to tell this, but I just got direct info from a good source at Nokia (personal contact, not Nokia Care) that Swedish Nokia will start beginning shipping in week 49. Sorry I cannot say from who but I trust the source. And its due to the some operator sims. None of this is new to some people as it was mentioned before in this thread as "probable" delay. This is just a reconfirmation.

Sorry people!!!

Originally Posted by Shiggy View Post
Contacted NewEgg Customer Service their reps say that all pre-orders will be delayed because of "Nokia" till the 30th.

Had I known I would have purchased from Dell on the 6th, saved another $100 before tax instead, since my primary purchasing decision was based on that date which I verified with another NewEgg rep earlier in the month.

Trying to now find out when the Nokia Chicago Flagship store will have them.
When I went in Monday, like I said a while back, they said they weren't getting any dates, and just put people on a call list and will call as they are available.
And when I asked, I meant how do I do online chat with Nokia?
Anyway. Called Nokia, they said they're shipping, I could order one and get it in the next few days. Called Dell and they told me that they have no new dates, they're sticking to their estimate of the 9th. She even told me to go ahead and cancel if I'm so antsy about it! But yeah, they have no updates. Maybe it'll just take them a bit since the website is still screwed up for Nokia, even.
The nokia guy even asked for my phone number so he could call tomorrow and ask again if I want to buy it! This all seems so odd..
But is it really worth paying Nokia an extra $170 dollars just to have the phone NOW? Or just wait for Dell to update their stuff..

do you have to post that in every thread? link would have been better ?

Posts: 114 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden, Stockholm
Originally Posted by Shaichico View Post
Hi people,

I'm not sure that this should be the place to tell this, but I just got direct info from a good source at Nokia (personal contact, not Nokia Care) that Swedish Nokia will start beginning shipping in week 49. Sorry I cannot say from who but I trust the source. And its due to the some operator sims. None of this is new to some people as it was mentioned before in this thread as "probable" delay. This is just a reconfirmation.

Sorry people!!!
I know who you are, go **** your self for being part of taking that absurd decision. Making EVERYBODY wait, just so 3 can sell N900 at same time as everyone else.

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by CaptainGinyu View Post
When I went in Monday, like I said a while back, they said they weren't getting any dates, and just put people on a call list and will call as they are available.
And when I asked, I meant how do I do online chat with Nokia?
Anyway. Called Nokia, they said they're shipping, I could order one and get it in the next few days. Called Dell and they told me that they have no new dates, they're sticking to their estimate of the 9th. She even told me to go ahead and cancel if I'm so antsy about it! But yeah, they have no updates. Maybe it'll just take them a bit since the website is still screwed up for Nokia, even.
The nokia guy even asked for my phone number so he could call tomorrow and ask again if I want to buy it! This all seems so odd..
But is it really worth paying Nokia an extra $170 dollars just to have the phone NOW? Or just wait for Dell to update their stuff..
Nokia USA? If they really can deliver it within a few days it is worth it to me to cancel and go with Nokia... I really don't trust Paul, Dan, Anna and everyone else over at Nokia Online help chat though.

fully agree wit hypnotik.

the press release said premium retailers that shud include amazon

Originally Posted by hypnotik View Post
Nokia USA? If they really can deliver it within a few days it is worth it to me to cancel and go with Nokia... I really don't trust Paul, Dan, Anna and everyone else over at Nokia Online help chat though.
I called them at 5:00 central today, and that is what they said I asked "if I didn't preorder it, what happens?" He said It would ship in the next few days anyway.
Like I said, they're calling me tomorrow afternoon to try and badger me into a sale. I'll make sure I get full verification and let you guys know again, but on the phone he sounded pretty certain they're being shipped "to customers" as I specifically asked him.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Stockholm (formally Amsterdam, London)
Originally Posted by zico View Post
I know who you are, go **** your self for being part of taking that absurd decision. Making EVERYBODY wait, just so 3 can sell N900 at same time as everyone else.
I hope that you were not directing that outburst personally! This seems to be a case of mistaken identity! If you are not able to refrain from profanity I would suggest you work it off by attending to a random wenches or Myrmecophaga tridactyla needs and work you way up the food chain with a mouth like that.

Just for your information. I am in no way affiliated with any operator and is unlike all people on this thread in the same boat as you! Disrespect of any kind is not called for nor unecessary!

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
i am afraid that when sales people hear that "shipping has begun" they interpret that information in the most useful way for themselves. Being that it is being shipped to customers. And if it is not being shipped to customers, they can always say, "oh well i heard that the shipping had started so i assumed.... that it was shipping to customers."

Thereby when Peter tells that the shipping has begun, he uses this phrase in the most useful way for HIMself. Which is the very first moment that shipping has begun, he will say it to the crowd.

Peter is not going to wait for the shipping of stores to customers to say that shipping has begun. And the store guy is not going to say to customers that the shipping has begun JUST IN KOREA but he is just going to say that the shipping has begun. And thereby letting the customer believe what he wants to believe.

Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by CaptainGinyu View Post
I called them at 5:00 central today, and that is what they said I asked "if I didn't preorder it, what happens?" He said It would ship in the next few days anyway.
Like I said, they're calling me tomorrow afternoon to try and badger me into a sale. I'll make sure I get full verification and let you guys know again, but on the phone he sounded pretty certain they're being shipped "to customers" as I specifically asked him.
Looking forward to hearing what happens.

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange