Active Topics

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Why is everything sexual or considered offensive?
Just ignore dan, don't you know he's a resident troll? Also, thanks for mentioning maple paint. Works great on my resistive screen'd S7. Kinda of similar to xournal, which I was missing on the tablet.

On a side note, my wife ended up with some credit on ebay for use towards phones and some electronics, so she ended up getting me a Galaxy Vibrant.

I'll have to put my tablet down for a bit and play with that for a bit. Probably won't replace my N900 right away, on the other hand, if I like the Vibrant, it may be time to get rid of the N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
I think he was just being playful... No need to be defensive...

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lemmyslender View Post
Just ignore dan, don't you know he's a resident troll? Also, thanks for mentioning maple paint. Works great on my resistive screen'd S7. Kinda of similar to xournal, which I was missing on the tablet.

On a side note, my wife ended up with some credit on ebay for use towards phones and some electronics, so she ended up getting me a Galaxy Vibrant.

I'll have to put my tablet down for a bit and play with that for a bit. Probably won't replace my N900 right away, on the other hand, if I like the Vibrant, it may be time to get rid of the N900.
Let us know of your experience!

You may want to consider CM7 (if it's available for the vibrant).

You may also consider installing ubuntu on an SD card for some CLI lovin' to round out Android's great library of apps.

Here's the White Nexus S:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/07/w...ands-on-video/

I've always thought the Nexus S was such a beautiful device. I'm not crazy about the white, but I really like the NS in general. That it has the 'google experience' is quite compelling as a feature -- the latest updates quickly.

I'm shocked that only one company (palm) has put an inductive charger on the back of their device. The Nexus S shows how easy it is to put NFC on the case, how difficult could it be to put a coil of thin wire? It probably has something to do with patents...

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
http://phandroid.com/2011/04/07/eee-...ead-of-device/

Looks like ASUS is doing everything right so far.
I am struggling with myself not to order this

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
And how cool it would be if in the near future we could run MeeGo on this?

Are you still alive Nokia? Guess not.

The Following User Says Thank You to H3llb0und For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Hello all.

Quick question;

Does anybody know where Gameloft's Dungeon Hunter save my completed levels.

I did some digging and found a folder called CompleteLevels.

path://gameloft/games/DungeonHunter/data/3D/CompleteLevels

I copied all the contents of that folder to my tab...but nothing happened.

Please help....I don't want to start the game from 0.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by H3llb0und View Post
http://phandroid.com/2011/04/07/eee-...ead-of-device/

Looks like ASUS is doing everything right so far.
I am struggling with myself not to order this
i probably will order it if I can find a place to do so at the $400 or $500 price level.

However, I have one concern. Does anyone have a clear idea which items will be affected by the Japan situation and which won't? Where is the Transformer being manufactured?

Edit: I see some are popping up on eBay (buy it now: $800+) offered from Taiwan, so that is probably near the source.

Last edited by geneven; 2011-04-08 at 07:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I was just trying to be funny. You'll notice I peppered the comment with a smiley as a hint that it was meant to be a joke. In any case, as lemmeslender (punk! ) pointed out--you should just ignore me if I bother you. heheh

Originally Posted by crasbelize View Post
Hello all.

Quick question;

I'm a little confused. You said you copied the folder to your tab... how did you create that folder in the first place?

Complete guess here but... were you playing the game on another device and now trying to copy it over?

If so, back up the application DATA (use Titanium Backup) on that first device (no root needed to do the backup) then copy the TitaniumBackup folder's archived files for the app over to your Tab's TitaniumBackup folder (where you will need root in order to do the restore--make sure to ONLY choose to restore DATA, not APP+DATA). THEN, before you run the app, go ahead and copy the CompleteLevels over. FINALLY, go ahead and run the game.

Don't forget that EVERY application has an APP and a DATA associated with its install. The APP is the "apk" file you get from the Android Market, but the associated DATA is a settings/misc information archive containing all the info that the application itself stores and uses. Data on the SD card isn't considered application data--just externally stored files that aren't necessarily associated with an application (even though an app might use it).

Let me know if that helped or else give me more info about what you're trying to do.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 271 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Georgia
Hello all.

Quick question;

I'm a little confused. You said you copied the folder to your tab... how did you create that folder in the first place?

Complete guess here but... were you playing the game on another device and now trying to copy it over?

If so, back up the application DATA (use Titanium Backup) on that first device (no root needed to do the backup) then copy the TitaniumBackup folder's archived files for the app over to your Tab's TitaniumBackup folder (where you will need root in order to do the restore--make sure to ONLY choose to restore DATA, not APP+DATA). THEN, before you run the app, go ahead and copy the CompleteLevels over. FINALLY, go ahead and run the game.

Don't forget that EVERY application has an APP and a DATA associated with its install. The APP is the "apk" file you get from the Android Market, but the associated DATA is a settings/misc information archive containing all the info that the application itself stores and uses. Data on the SD card isn't considered application data--just externally stored files that aren't necessarily associated with an application (even though an app might use it).

Let me know if that helped or else give me more info about what you're trying to do.[/QUOTE]

Am trying to copy the data right back on my tab where it was originally saved.

I reset my tab back to factory default and formated my internal memory......now my titaniumbackup was lost when I formated my memory thinking it was saved on my external memory.

I just happen to copy the folder mention earlier but am starting to think that the data file might have been on the internal memory.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crasbelize For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy