Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
WHAT THE... ?
http://mosushi.net/misc/taobao.gif
Hmm, the hardware manufacturer doesn't probably have permission to use Sailfish OS so they have instead installed Android to the devices.

Originally Posted by att View Post
Hmm, the hardware manufacturer doesn't probably have permission to use Sailfish OS so they have instead installed Android to the devices.
They also don't have permission to make tag heuer watches but that doesn't stop them!

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by att View Post
Yes it is rather obvious someone rudimentary photoshoped the android tag from N1 over to Jolla Tablet.
So there is much to read from this little intentional change.
In the contrary, Sailfish is still poping up in the text of my translated version. Seems like someone was in a rush.

Originally Posted by tommo View Post
They also don't have permission to make tag heuer watches but that doesn't stop them!
It must have been relatively easy to swap to android because of the aigo sibling.
If not, still some chinese are like

and swap OSes in no time to have better chances in market

My guess is the manufacturer produced quite a batch to be able to deliver in time, Jolla did not pay (maybe even the first batch) and is now trying to reduce his damage before HW is totally outdated.

The taobao seller seems to be legit and has 6 years of good review history.

Last edited by mosen; 2015-12-16 at 10:21.

Is this one they have unboxed and fired up ? Or an old pic

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by eekkelund View Post
Guys this real sale?
Jolla tablet in taobao
Well, crap. This is not a good sign; my own guess would be that the factory has gotten tired of waiting for funds, and has started dumping whatever stock they had built up.

I highly doubt these tablets will be shipped in the Jolla packaging, though...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
IF these Are our tablets and jolla Isn't explain what is going on and I'm holding them directly reponsible both for the failed campaign and for keeping silent...weak leadership continues!?!?!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
IF these Are our tablets and jolla Isn't explain what is going on and I'm holding them directly reponsible both for the failed campaign and for keeping silent...weak leadership continues!?!?!
What is to explain? Man, Dave, they are out of money!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
What is to explain? Man, Dave, they are out of money!
So say that so we get a straight answer!

Blog post
Title: Tablet - Game Over
We did our best and tried everything possible but in the end we have closed down the tablet project.

[come clean, no lies, what happend]

Thank you for your support!

Br Jolla without money.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Guys, I have the feeling good **** coming our way today! Can you feel it?

What have you done with the real Dave?

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Title: Tablet - Game Over
hmm... NOT!

Even if this is true (We need a chinese reader to confirm imho), Manufacturer selling the already produced batch does not tell he will not produce more if payed for. Possible if they are *pi**ed* but not confirmable from that "news".
Only safe thing to read from that find is he seems to have lost faith those already existing tablets will be bought/payed in a timely manner and is taking his safety measures to not draw the shortest straw in the end.

But yes it could be a lengthy discussion with Antti during the mer meeting tomorrow i guess. Already stocked up Popcorn!

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund