Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by CrashandDie View Post
Yes and no. Nokia will be working on MeeGo, and the stuff that makes sense to bring over will be brought over. There are discussions on the MeeGo mailing lists to try and see how (copyright issues) we can merge valuable content from maemo.org to the MeeGo project.

This doesn't mean that what you are doing now will be lost. The expertise and knowledge that we display and share will definitely be re-usable, and will definitely be a big part of MeeGo. Don't think of this merger as "throw everything in the bin and start from scratch". Rather, "redecorate, fix the problems we have and move on".

It's up to contributors to define their own goals. maemo.org can't force anyone to do something specific, however the Council can guide the overall direction, and ensure that the handover will be as seamless as possible.

Bottom line: we can either work hand in hand, and make sure the content we produce is re-usable, or we can be narrow-minded geeks, and only think about our own little selves. Guess which one prevails in Open Source communities.
I think you misunderstand. The question wasn't if and how content will be "brought over", or the "handover" or the "merger"? It is how will the remainder at maemo.org will live on. (Unless you're saying that maemo.org will cease to exist)

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Oh wait. I'm not council anymore! I don't have to answer ANY of these questions! Mwahahaha!
Kindly note tags.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
i kinda paired my n900 with a lg phone and the bluetooth isn't saving anymore can you please help me thanks

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by jai jun young View Post
i kinda paired my n900 with a lg phone and the bluetooth isn't saving anymore can you please help me thanks
As pointed out above, the council isn't a technical support channel. If you want official technical support; ring Nokia. For unofficial support, there are a number of other threads and sub-fora which are more appropriate.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
I think you misunderstand. The question wasn't if and how content will be "brought over", or the "handover" or the "merger"? It is how will the remainder at maemo.org will live on. (Unless you're saying that maemo.org will cease to exist)
We don't know yet.

IIf every enthusiastic Maemo user currently using maemo.org in one form or another upgrades to a day-to-day usable MeeGo for the N900 (and even N8x0), maemo.org will probably stagnate and wither. However, if Maemo stays being most maemo.org users' primary OS, the council will be acting as advocates to keep Nokia paying the bills. The community may have to step up more for its maintenance, though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Hi!
i was wondering if u could help me solve this problem with my N900.
1) the bluetooth isn't saving...
2) the name of the bluetooth name isn't saving neither(it's always off)
(but when i used a n95 to search the visible devices my n900 is shown as on)
i tried the factory settings and it was still the same and after the guy told me to turn off the device and take out the battery and put it back in after 5 mins.it was still the same...
thanks
jai

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by jai jun young View Post
Hi!
i was wondering if u could help me solve this problem with my N900.
1) the bluetooth isn't saving...
2) the name of the bluetooth name isn't saving neither(it's always off)
(but when i used a n95 to search the visible devices my n900 is shown as on)
i tried the factory settings and it was still the same and after the guy told me to turn off the device and take out the battery and put it back in after 5 mins.it was still the same...
thanks
jai
As pointed out 2 posts above yours, the council isn't a technical support body. If you're having a support issue, call the Nokia number listed in the documentation included with your device. Or look up your regional Care number on nokia.com.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Does anyone know how many Nokia N900 has been sold world wide `???

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by vatoslocos View Post
Does anyone know how many Nokia N900 has been sold world wide `???
answer: yes

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Hey council guys! when pr1.2 is going to be released?

Just kidding

What are you working on? i mean, i think that one role of the council is to be a comunication contact between Nokia and the community.

But nokia is doing something? appart from meego, i mean.

Closed Thread

Tags
council