Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by ofels View Post
Did you notice that there is a notecase pro version which works on the n900 (except that it is not hildonized a lot?
The unregistered edition has some limitations compared to the licensed one but it is at least usable for most purposes I used the community edition for.
Tried it but I can't let my iPhoned colleagues see it - it's quite ugly right now and IMO not ready for use yet, unlike conboy (and yes, I did contact notecase support about it).

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mclarson View Post
Any idea when this feature will be added? I don't know how other people feel but for me this is more important than any other feature as it stops me adding notes!
Unfortunately I canīt make an estimate on that right now. However, I think there is already an enhancement request about it in bugzilla, so you can subscribe to it to get updates. If itīs not yet there, please feel free to add it. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Love this app. By far the most useful app on the device for me.

Could someone please help me please though. How do I back up my note? Have around 50 important notes now and would cry if I lost them. Read from page 1 to 14 to try to find how but there was already talk on page 13 of back up without me seeing any instructions on how to do it.

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Love this app. By far the most useful app on the device for me.
Glad you like it

Could someone please help me please though. How do I back up my note? Have around 50 important notes now and would cry if I lost them. Read from page 1 to 14 to try to find how but there was already talk on page 13 of back up without me seeing any instructions on how to do it.
Just use the build-in backup application of the device. You find in the the application "more..." menu. 3rd row, 1st column.

If for any reason you donīt want to backup all your data but only the notes, you can copy the folder /home/user/.conboy somewhere. All notes are stored inside this folder.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
1. I have copied all my 98 notes to my pc for backup. I tried to open them on my pc to see if I could edit them but Windows could recognise the file. I downloaded Tomboy to see if that would work but it didn't. So am I write in thinking the files can only be viewed on the N900.

2. I have noticed that on my N900 at least (not sure if it is a widespread problem) Conboy has a conflict with QStar Dict. If QStar is open then Conboy freezes up and becomes unusable. Not sure if the problem is from Conboy or from QStar.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
1. I have copied all my 98 notes to my pc for backup. I tried to open them on my pc to see if I could edit them but Windows could recognise the file. I downloaded Tomboy to see if that would work but it didn't. So am I write in thinking the files can only be viewed on the N900.
It won't be pretty, but if nothing else, you should be able to open the files in Notepad in Windows, although you won't be able to see the formatting. I don't know how to get Tomboy to open them in Windows as I've never used it, but I believe Conboy does use the same file format as Tomboy so it should be possible.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
It won't be pretty, but if nothing else, you should be able to open the files in Notepad in Windows, although you won't be able to see the formatting. I don't know how to get Tomboy to open them in Windows as I've never used it, but I believe Conboy does use the same file format as Tomboy so it should be possible.
Notepad didn't seem to work but Wordpad did and it is very very very far from pretty. It shows all the codes like <bold> <text xml:space="preserve"><note-content version="0.1">.

But at least I can see the contents of my notes in case something every happens to my N900.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Forget your thesis, we need syncing! Have you no sense of priorities?

<g>

But seriously -- Conboy seems currently the best note-taker available. But I have spent many hours looking for a more mind-mapping option. I am actually a paid member at www.mindmeister.com, which is close, but just doesn't work quite right on the N900. I was a long-term fan of thebrain.com (and paid for it) but that would never work on a tablet. Xournal doesn't do it for me. Labyrinth was close, but it is not currently available for the N900. Evernote is nice, but not quite. My favorite solution for tablets so far was Notecase, which is no longer being developed, but which can still be used, I think.

You need to copy the notes into a special folder, otherwise Tomboy won't find them. The directories are listed here: http://live.gnome.org/Tomboy/Directories Also I think Tomboy should not run while copying the notes.

2. I have noticed that on my N900 at least (not sure if it is a widespread problem) Conboy has a conflict with QStar Dict. If QStar is open then Conboy freezes up and becomes unusable. Not sure if the problem is from Conboy or from QStar.
Never heard of that, but then again never heard of QStar as well If it's really bothering you, please file a bug and I'll see what I can do.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Forget your thesis, we need syncing! Have you no sense of priorities?
Ah right, what was I thinking?

Tags
conboy, grauphel