Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
in the meantime check out khweeteur, it seems pretty good and supports oauth. Not as beautiful as tweego, but you can actually use it

But u can't open links with it ? can you ?

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
You can open links with it, select your tweet and click on the more button (+) ...

I should really write a help file.

Be carrefull it s still in devel as it s still an alpha

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
...I hate being left to suffer Witter in the meantime.
Replying to myself, but:
witter 0.3.6-4 from Extras-devel some offers significant improvements over the Extras-testing version I used previously. I was too quick to complain.

I look forward to the continued improvement of TweeGo, witter, and Khweeter.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I can't get Tweetgo to accept my Twitter name and password. It says "wrong username/email and password combination.
is this problem fixed ?... i'm also facing the same problem

Would it be possible to hide TweGo in the background and it would only pop out if something new would show on Twitter or we could get it back from the status bar menu?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by basilmabrookv View Post
is this problem fixed ?... i'm also facing the same problem
You read back far enough to get to that question, but missed the answer entirely? http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=278

There is another promising Twitter client coming to the N900.

It has an interesting concept for the use of landscape mode.

Here are some screenshots.
Landscape Mode

Portrait Mode

The author has made a post about it here

He is also the developper of MoneyFlow and TaskFlow.

At the moment I am using Khweeteur, it works pretty well, the main drawback is that it doesn't show retweets in the timeline but appart from that I like how fast it is. It is a work in progress and lacks a few features but I still prefer it to using web clients.

The Following User Says Thank You to fmo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Glendale, CA
Originally Posted by mikhail_ramalho View Post
The source code will remain at gitorious, if someone wants to contribute to the app. I also recently create a new branch where I'll do some experiments with the oauth to try accelerate the process.
Is that branch pushed to gitorious? I don't see it when I clone the tweego repository and do a git branch -a.

Originally Posted by microe View Post
Is that branch pushed to gitorious? I don't see it when I clone the tweego repository and do a git branch -a.
It's not really a branch, it's a personal clone, you can checkout it here: TweeGo Clone

So guys, I've been doing some tests and, using qca + qca-ossl + qoauth + twitterapi (from qTwitter), and TweeGo is now working again

But, as you can see it is a lot of dependency, and only qca is available at extras-devel repository, qca-ossl + qoauth + twitterapi were compiled at scratchbox and copied to N900.

One solution for this is copy all the dependencies code to TweeGo source code which is awful for obvious reasons. Another one is to talk to the developers to create a package for those dependencies (I already sent an email to Antonio Aloisio, the guy that uploaded the qca to extras-devel, asking if he knows if the qca-ossl will be at extras devel, if it would then I'll talk to Dominik, also qTwitter developer, about the qoauth)

If they don't create the package, I'll try to make an script to download those dependencies but this is not the best nor the safest solution, will only solve the huge source code problem.

I really hope that qca-ossl and qoauth become avaiable at maemo garage, it will help lots of people with their apps, including apps to connect to facebook, that also use oauth to authenticate.

Download it at Maemo Garage or at extras-devel

The Following User Says Thank You to mikhail_ramalho For This Useful Post:

Tags
tweego, twitter