Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
it must be an obeserver's point of view as why would he state hopeful etc.? and don't forget a Nokia employee on this thread has already said its all destroyed so there is 0.0001% of anything happening on this front.

It's not over until the fat lady sings!

(by fat lady i mean Elop)

Originally Posted by Dared View Post
It's not over until the fat lady sings!

(by fat lady i mean Elop)
She has sung many a times so far. Nokia as we knew, is long gone.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Why are you so sad? Nokia will the biggest player again with both windows and other ****(talking winds and stuff) that your heads can't comprehend.

Go back and play with the mighty n900. It's the best **** that the shitheads ever created.

One more thing. Next time I will return to this thread...It won't be pretty! Wake up zombies. You already got what you looking for in the hands right in front of you.That's right, I'm pointing at YOOUOuOu!

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
Originally Posted by ombre View Post
We have a loads of angry people here around.

You need also really to think about how it all happened. One day you think about "tomorrow I'll do this and that", then somebody calls...

Anyways, believe it or not, this was unelegant, unprofessional, unpolite and really something that demonstrated (not that there was any need to demonstrate it further) complete lack of vision of Nokia.

I hope bright days will come, specially for qt, but far far far away from Nokia shores.
Sorry to hear that.

How many individuals are supposed to have full source code of maemo or meego or meltemi?

Legally speaking if source codes of any of the os (the part that's already not open) were leaking by employee X then when what is the worst lawsuite result for employee X?

So it appears to me only the phone project is confirmed to be killed.

What about the tablet one, anyone has insight on this???

I am not entirely familiar with system architecture, but I have been wondering... why didn't Nokia use Android core then port Qt and build the whole UI on top of it?

Imaging a Android core + Harmattan UI... would this be a possible direction for community to work on?

Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Android core is just the linux kernel

Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
It will get rid off the last chance that M$ may push crappy Windows OS on phones to poor/stupid people. Smart people won't even look at WP, even if it is free.
Nokia gave me a Lumia 800 for free. My work colleagues asked me about the new phone thinking it was good. They asked for my honest opinion and I just think the phone is a pile of crap. I keep going back to my N9.

So yea, quite literally, I think that most people will never look at WP even if it is free.

Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
Android core is just the linux kernel
Meego Architecture

Android Architecture

What about the libraries? Aren't they part of the core?

(Sorry for being off-topic)

Tags
downward_spiral, fu_flop, memories