Posts: 291 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Trier, Germany
In 2008 I made an app for N8x0
http://forums.internettablettalk.com...ad.php?t=25060

I've no n900 but it could work with maemo5 .....

The Following User Says Thank You to bongo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
So in the running is mutlilist, stuff, and shopper

multilist would be a maemo 4 -> Maemo 5 port that I could do

Stuff would be a Maemo 4 to Maemo 5 port that I could possibly do

shopper would be the developer promoting it to extas-testing

I'm curious what people think of pros / cons to help me judge whether it is a better use of my time to work on this or on other apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 122 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turku, Finland
Installed shopper from diablo extras (didn't find it in extras-devel for fremantle), doesn't support multipile lists with subcategories

@bongo, nice app, haven't tried to install it yet but I might do that aswell. It seems to do a lot more than the basic stuff, maybe a bit too complicated for a basic list system, but nonetheless probably good for tasks requiring more powerful solutions

Would love both apps!

Originally Posted by antoarts View Post
Would love both apps!
If i'm the one doing it, I won't have time for both apps. Besides bugs/enhancements filed against existing apps, I'm trying to get TOR into extras-testing and have several ideas for more apps. On top of that I want to eventually look at porting my existing apps to QT for the n900 successor.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 291 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Trier, Germany
I stopped development on stuff because I never managed to install sqlite on os2008. But I can reopen this project ... thinking about Stuff2 written in python/qt or a browser version with a micro web server.

I've some ideas, but I'd rather develop in a team. So, who wants to join me?

The Following User Says Thank You to bongo For This Useful Post:
I fired up multilist on my n900 (I really should stop playing in the diablo repositories before I brick my device) and it seems pretty much okay, I think I could port it on my own hand, to save you some trouble No, really, it's up to you too choose what you will do with your time, but if you want, I could port multilist for maemo 5
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to antoarts For This Useful Post:
I fired up multilist on my n900 (I really should stop playing in the diablo repositories before I brick my device) and it seems pretty much okay, I think I could port it on my own hand, to save you some trouble No, really, it's up to you too choose what you will do with your time, but if you want, I could port multilist for maemo 5
I don't have issues maintaining another app, I would just prefer the best one to be maintained rather than wasting my time with a couple.

I'll try to get to some of this tonight but tomorrow night is probably when I'll get a good block of time to hack on it.

Are you going to work on which? I'm a bit confused right now...

I actually think these two programs are quite different (stuff for more complex information storage/databases, multilist for simple lists). I could probably fairly easy port multilist (all which apparently has to be done is to tweak a few things in the UI), but I would let someone with more skill (which I believe you have) to work on stuff. Bongo wanted to work with someone in a team, so you could join him. Or if you want multilist, I wont take it from you

Are you going to work on which? I'm a bit confused right now...

I actually think these two programs are quite different (stuff for more complex information storage/databases, multilist for simple lists). I could probably fairly easy port multilist (all which apparently has to be done is to tweak a few things in the UI), but I would let someone with more skill (which I believe you have) to work on stuff. Bongo wanted to work with someone in a team, so you could join him. Or if you want multilist, I wont take it from you
If you are going to play with multilist now, go ahead and set it up on github and I'll see how it works helping out on it. When I think of port, I don't mean just some quick touchs ups but cleaning up the code and UI like I did for quicknote.

EDIT: I'll go ahead and make contact with the original author about being added to the garage project. I already want to have my quicknote privileges elevated so I can switch it over to git from svn.

I've emailed the original author requesting admin access on the Garage project. In the meantime I've setup a git repo
http://github.com/epage/multilist