Buy.com and nextjump had a deal a couple of days ago where you'd get 10,000 nextjump points for spending at least $200. That is to say you could have gotten $100 in cash back off your N900.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ red city
What sup with the price changing on Amazon? I've place two order of the N900 in Amazon one is for 559.99 and the other for 529.99 and also one order on DELL for 556.99 with Taxes. The way I see it which ever companies Amazon or DELL ship it out first to me get my money. XD

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Just pre-ordered from amazon again. My order says it will ship after dec 25th and i can cancel anytime before it ships. I also ordered it via DDP through the developer discount. lets see which one comes first...

is that why the N900 is unavailable on buy.com right now?

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
What sup with the price changing on Amazon? I've place two order of the N900 in Amazon one is for 559.99 and the other for 529.99 and also one order on DELL for 556.99 with Taxes. The way I see it which ever companies Amazon or DELL ship it out first to me get my money. XD
Almost all items on Amazon change price frequently. Pick some items and put them in your cart. Then move them to your saved items and leave them there for a year or so. You will probably see a lot of price adjustments. You'll get a notice of any price adjustment every time you go to your cart. I do not know why, but it seems to be some kind of market test or demand-based adjusting. I've been watching a Casio Exilim camera for about a year. I have seen the price fluctuate from around $400 to as low as $219. It has gone up and down several times. Sometimes it hits the low price and bounces right back up within a day or two. It's almost like watching the stock market

BTW, I got my N810 for $199 this way (and that was well before the N900 was even a sure thing). The N810's were selling for almost $400 I think. It bounced down to $179 on Amazon at one point and I nabbed it quickly at $199 before it went back up over $300. (Of course, the N810 price is lower now that the N900 was out, but I bought my N810 at a time when there was no N900.)

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

It's likely to stir interest in the product, but if you wait on the deal you will miss out on it. Thus making you more likely to buy it the next time the price goes down (even if it's less). It's a clever tactic and sadly worked on me a while for videogames.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Does no one read the Pre-order policy on amazon? You don't have to re-order when the price is adjusted. Pre-orders automatically get the item at the lowest price it was in the period after it was ordered, even if the price goes back up.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted by solotc View Post
Does no one read the Pre-order policy on amazon? You don't have to re-order when the price is adjusted. Pre-orders automatically get the item at the lowest price it was in the period after it was ordered, even if the price goes back up.
In theory, yes. In practice, usually. Everyone who orders this way needs to make sure to check their card statements, since I've done this with other products and have sometimes been charged the higher price. Customer service is happy to make the correction when you contact them, though. Just have to take that extra step.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by MountainX View Post
it is possible to get it for $459 (+tax, shipping) from Dell. Dell still has 15% off coupons that are valid for the N900. The coupon brings it down to $509, then the rebate takes off the other $50.
Could you give me the link to the coupon?

Just replaced my order on Amazon so I'll be eligible for the rebate. Total after rebate comes out to $469.26 Ohhhhhh, YeAH

-Socrates 469 BC

Last edited by spinnukur; 2009-11-20 at 20:57.

Originally Posted by solotc View Post
I know how it works. Only reason I re-ordered was to get the rebate.