i have added my vote as well

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
Originally Posted by golvellius View Post
then i watch a video for about 45 minutes, after i leave the n800 alone to be in stand-by mode.
Do you mean that you still have some battery left after watching video for 45 minutes?
That's amazing, I'd kill for that battery life.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
but you remember we could watch movies 90min and more on the 770 and still have battery left... good old times.

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ United Kingdom
This might be related to the type of memory card in use. Can you guys post the make/model of your memory card(s)?

Internally, mine was a 2GB Sandisk Extreme SD card, but I've swapped it with a Sandisk Ultra 2GB card from my digital camera. With this other card in place, I charged yesterday, read an ebook for an hour last night, and this morning I'm still showing full power.

Although the Extreme card is supposed to have blisteringly fast write speeds, in my camera it seems to take longer for the image to be written than with the Sandisk Ultra.

In the external port, I use a Kingston RS-MMC in an SD converter, but this card is empty.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Singapore
Hi guys, these are what I 'learned' from battery consumption:
- download and install the 'advanced battery' applet. This shows you battery status in percentage.
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...d.php?p=241127
- leave your N800 idle, and check back hourly. The battery level should drops about 0.5% per hour if everything is fine. Otherwise, you are not getting optimal standby.
- I used to have a external SD card that eats up extra 1% per hour (a Kingston 2GB Elite Pro card). I have since then replaces it. Still, having a external SD card inserted seems to eat up extra 0.2% (acceptable).
- disable metalayer-crawler.
- check your /var/lib/alarmd/alarm_queue.xml. I basically removed all unwanted recurrent events (such as update checking etc).

My N800 is consuming only 0.5% per hour when idling, same in diablo 36-5 and 43-7 SSU.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
my cards are maxflash...

would not surprise me if thats the problem.

i see that i can get some 8GB SD's cheap now, kingston brand iirc, so maybe ill replace the 4GB ones im using right now...

Last edited by tso; 2008-12-21 at 19:53.

Hi i have 2 cards , one sandisk 512mb (old) and a new sandisk 8gb. With this config in stand-by get 1-2 day stand-by . now i remove the 512mb card and working only with thee 8gb one... and disable metalayer-crawler. Lets see what it will happen.

Originally Posted by golvellius View Post
Hi i have 2 cards , one sandisk 512mb (old) and a new sandisk 8gb. With this config in stand-by get 1-2 day stand-by . now i remove the 512mb card and working only with thee 8gb one... and disable metalayer-crawler. Lets see what it will happen.
Please let us know how you get on. My N800 is still just about alive, after more than 48 hours, which is better than it normally does. And I too have removed a card from the ext slot and disabled metacralwer.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hmm, some quick maths in my head, if each card makes for 1% drain pr hour, and the device itself do 0.5-1% pr hour, that may explain my 3% an hour drain.

still, that does not explain how im getting a calculated standby time of 10 days, a figure i have no chance of reaching...

Does anybody know the file in /proc that gives a battery charge readout?