Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Ah, I can't work miracles and expect to know what username it will be ran from while adding a rule to install it in debian/rules.

And I hate using postinst scripts to move files - really dodgy. Best way would be for it to check for ~/.tear/userstyles.css existence and use that and if it does not exist; then use /usr/share/tear/userstyles.css.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Or better - generate it on the fly

On a side note, interesting news @ openSUSE:
http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/06/...ation-speedup/

Basically they discovered a scratchbox

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
On a side note, interesting news @ openSUSE:
http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/06/...ation-speedup/

Basically they discovered a scratchbox
Yeah, except it's done right. We've been using OBS for quite a while now - and it's actually quite sane.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Yeah, and I've been on SuSE/openSUSE 10 years already.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
any progress on 770 kernel packages?

The Following User Says Thank You to mrp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
And I hate using postinst scripts to move files - really dodgy. Best way would be for it to check for ~/.tear/userstyles.css existence and use that and if it does not exist; then use /usr/share/tear/userstyles.css.
Technically, as a config file, shouldn't it live in /etc? That's where admins of multi-user N900 systems will look for it when they want to change the default configuration for users who haven't configured it in their own account.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Technically, as a config file, shouldn't it live in /etc? That's where admins of multi-user N900 systems will look for it when they want to change the default configuration for users who haven't configured it in their own account.
That's a good point.

/me resigns himself to reading the file system hierarchy standard...

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
770 users, please read this - we need some testers please (apologies for cross-posting)
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
would love to, but mine is WSOD

Tags
mer, release