ok ive just installed 1.8.

Gone back into xterm and executed this:
sudo gainroot
sudo kernel-config load lv

Now it says: user is not in the sudoers file. this incident will be reported.

so then i just inserted this command:
kernel-config load lv
to which it said: this kernel version 2.6.28 is not supported. please make sure the kernel-power is installed and running. 'apt-get install --reinstall kernel-power kernel-power-flasher'
I have aready done this process and its completed yet sitll gives me this error.
What next guys?

cheers.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Thats because you already uninstalled the power-kernel; the nokia-kernel doesn't support these settings. Kinda stupid of me, could have told you in advance...
And about that "reported incident", here are the consequences :P
link

So you would need to re-install the powerkernel, or just stay with the stock nokia kernel, and accept that you cant tweek the settings anymore...

edit: thats not right, again i failed to read correctly. Maybe the kernel power isn't loaded yet, try typing
Code:
uname -r
and check if the kernel power is running... If not, reboot first

Last edited by XiliX; 2011-08-27 at 15:49.

The Following User Says Thank You to XiliX For This Useful Post:
Hiya mate uname -r bought me to this info: 2.6.28.10-power48

is there a full name for power kernel on the repos or is it just known as 'power-kernel'? thanks.

Actually if i want to start from scratch completely and get rid of everything to do with kernel-power, kernel-power-settings, kernel flasher etc etc etc.. what would be the command to run on x-term to completely remove kernel everything and strart from scratch......with kernel!

cheers

Have you tried rebooting? 'cause it looks like you are running the powerkernel now. And if you try to load the LV profile now?
Code:
root
kernel-config load lv

Anyhow, If you'd like to start from scratch just uninstall the powerkernel with the application called nokia-kernel, its in the menu, little blue square button.
Follow the instructinos that are displayed, and dont ever uninstall the kernel trough the application manager...

Thanks so much for your help.
May i ask why i would never uninstall the kernel trough the application manager?
i think ive done it once about 1 week ago lol! oooooops! whats it supposed to f**k up?

oh btw! code successful thank u thank u thank u!

Well, if you do that, you remove the kernel from the flash memory. That doesn't appear instantly, because the kernel than continues to live in the RAM of your phone, until you reboot. Than there is no kernel to load, and you'll end up in a reboot loop until your battery dies... And than you have to flash your phone manually; not something you would do for the fun of it :P

*****....... lol. i take it this happens instantly and not over a period of time then? So i shouldnt expect this to happen right?