Active Topics

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ corpus christi texas
I did it, got sick of hauling an extra keyboard, i bought an adesso flex keyboard last night, 20 bucks from amazon. Ive read some bad reviews, but good ones also. I have not heard anything bad about them from these forums. Anyone here have one? Hows it workin for yah? guess ill know tues..

Here's a Targus foldable USB keyboard (PA875U01X) that I'm also interested in:
http://www.google.com/products?hl=en...-8&sa=N&tab=wf

Any chance you guys have used it with the N800?

I'm eager, mikedmann, to hear your thoughts on your new flex keyboard. Though, I'm thinking it fits into the category of "Things you just need to try for yourself". I'm getting ahead of myself-- I still need to find/build a cable!

I ended up going with a Virtually indestructible keyboard from altex item #KBY-27 Grand Tec BLK USB MINI for 22.95 . I am very pleased to say this thing rocks. It rolls up into my lil hack bag, very durable i plugged it in my nokia n800 using os2008. Loaded up X, sudo gainroot
then entered echo host> /sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/mode
says it doesn't recognize usb , but works great , then try d hooking up a usb hub from altex item # GX3001 GoldX 4pt USB 2.0 hub 19.95 with plug in adapter and usb cord, plugged in keyboard and it popped write up, i danced around for a bit and then plugged in a usb air link wifi dongle and a alfa wifi usb dongle and a broadcom linksys dongle and did a lsusb and all were recognize, cheers to all , thank you very much for the how too's, next is trying to get these drivers.. im stuck and running outta beer, these all dongles are all modded with ext antenna hookup and work great with all my other os's but im afraid i keep screwing up new edits and im so lost .. but you coulden't smack the smile off my face for getting this stuff working so far, i'm so digging this keyboard and don't mind the wire. I wouldent mind tryng a BT keyboard ,but can't justify the cost,YET! ill post pic's as soon as i finish my wire mods, special thankz to Mara's post.

Is that the same as those roll up keyboards that sell for 5 bucks on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Waterproof-Silic...QQcmdZViewItem

Close, but i was looking for black colored, no led light, to keep from drawing power and one straight usb cord, no ps/2, ext adapt. I like the blue color, but for me just having to travel a couple blocks away and being able to try it out be4 i bought it was so worth it. I've looked at some at Compusa...Since they're closing with no refunds...No way, either way im happy with my choice..If only it was made of hemp!

The LED lights on USB keyboards dont work with the n800 anyway since it doesnt support any of the functions(caps lock, numlock, etc.)

Im just wondering if it is the same though becaue I read a lot of negative reviews of the ebay ones, and so I just want to know if this is any different.

A green led light does come on when you hit the caps lock button. I threw it on the floor while plugged in and jumped on it rolled it up and threw it against the wall and it works great, supposed to be easy to wash and water proof, but i don't think ill throw it in the washing machine, plus its just portable. Could be a good weapon if you wanna smother your old lady or choke her to death. Might be great for spankings, still have lots more r/d togo...

How good is it for er..typing? Does it require hitting buttons hard and exactly in the middle?

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 402 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Catalunya
And (unrelated to this specific keyboard), isn't it awkward to use a separate keyboard and then having to tap the screen for mouse functions? (since it seems there's no support for an external mouse, either wired or bluetooth).

But that is no different to a bluetooth keyboard isn't it?