Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
hey can i install this in emmc? coz last time i borrowed mem card frmo my friend to install 1.2 but that was pathetic; is this 1.3 better? worth installing? any new features?
please anyone give the link for installation and download for emmc
thanks

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
Camera works fine out of the box in 1.3.

EMMC Install

but again, if you are hell bent on it..then go ahead and post the results also ^.^ !..those would be really welcomed..i also tried to install on my emmc..but my ubuntu 11.10 network manager was screwing up stuff so it failed repeatedly.. !

Last edited by arora.rohan; 2011-10-01 at 06:45.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
Great job guys

Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Just ran it, worked well, until opening kasvopus and it just froze. Could not find a way to swap task or to kill task, so that ended my venture for now.

Helium works well. Performance is great. Status bar would not show signal, always had an x

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
Just ran it, worked well, until opening kasvopus and it just froze. Could not find a way to swap task or to kill task, so that ended my venture for now.
Ctrl-backspace on keyboard will open switcher.

We also have gestures to switch on the way so we don't even need X buttons - worth a watch - gets interesting around 00:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl7Djukoysc
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 183 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Brisbane, Australia
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Ctrl-backspace on keyboard will open switcher.

We also have gestures to switch on the way so we don't even need X buttons - worth a watch - gets interesting around 00:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl7Djukoysc
had tried ctrl + backspace, but didnt bring up the switcher for some reason, maybe kasvopus had frozen everything. will try it next time round.

one other thing i found, the virtual keyboard would keep popping up at random times, even with the physical keyboard open. it would block the text input.

The Following User Says Thank You to Storm_11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by Storm_11 View Post
had tried ctrl + backspace, but didnt bring up the switcher for some reason, maybe kasvopus had frozen everything. will try it next time round.

one other thing i found, the virtual keyboard would keep popping up at random times, even with the physical keyboard open. it would block the text input.
Please file those bugs in bugs.meego.com (meego.com account needed) - find Hardware adaptations - N900 and we'll triage them on

Thank you!
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
lol i have windows not linux. so no emmc install for me

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
you can use a live cd i suppose..

Originally Posted by arora.rohan View Post
you can use a live cd i suppose..
can u give a step by step guide please
BACKUPMENU

Tags
community, meego