Active Topics

Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
sorry i guess this is actually worse. i didnt think it was possible

http://www.papayaone.com/copy-nokia-...ne-p-4697.html
"TV-Enabled - Powerful analog antenna picks up your favorite TV channels for free!"

OMG were we robbed, I want this feature on my N900 immediately.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ The Netherlands
The ripoff is just silly in specs and stuff, but I found one that does look nice on colors.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I wouldn't be surprised if the N900 marking on the face is deviated to N000(!) instead
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by misterm View Post
The ripoff is just silly in specs and stuff, but I found one that does look nice on colors.
Image is overlaid.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
The knock off thread "The worst N900 knock off ever!" with eleven posts has been merged into this thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Actually, don't laugh, I always think the knock-off iPhone are better than the iPhone and iPhone 3G, they have more features:
1. video recording
2. playback xvid, divx, rm
3. TV antenna to watch TV (it works, I've seen it)
4. front and rear camera
5. Chinese handwriting input
6. BT w/ A2DP
7. Some even have dual-sim slots
+ other regular address book, calendar, music and etc, all features in a phone for less than US$100

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if the N900 marking on the face is deviated to N000(!) instead
No, actually, it's 006N

But perhaps they sell replacement styluses for the fake?

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
yeah an extra stylus would be nice. i actually liked the stylus for the n97 better, even though i lost it like 20 times. i was actually looking getting one of the knock of "blackberry storm types" for when i go on vaction in may. If customs steals my n900, i'd be highly upset..........

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Earth
Alright, so here is the situation. I really wanted a N900, and wanted one for as cheap as possible. I saw this ebay ad:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I emailed him a bunch of times asking if it was NEW Nokia N900. He assured me that it was, and it was "New In Box"

So, I ordered it. Payed him. Received a tracking number. The number was fake.

After a week or so of no updates on the tracking, and some lame excuses from him about suppliers not shipping or some nonsense, I filed a claim with paypal, and won.

In the mean time, I actually bought a N900 from Dell, and love it.

But today, the ebay phone actually came.

It the Java with .250M internal memory. It is about 95% the size of the N900. The form factor itself looks almost identical. The battery took some work to get into it, (but he sent me two, which I also believe are knockoffs). But I wasnt aware it was a fake until I saw the boot up screen, which was in portrait mode. A hyper hi pitched imitation of the nokia chime.

Once the "OS" loaded, it had the Windows wallpaper, and the Java style widgets.

It has two sim slots, which I originally thought was cool, but no idea what I would do with that.

The keyboard rarely lights up, and when it does, it seems to have 2 LEDs that light up only 1 key apiece.

The camera is hysterical. My LG CU500 from 5 years ago, with its 1.3MP camera takes far superior pictures.

This thing seems to be complete garbage.

So my question is..... What should I do with this? I assume the is no useful hardware in it.

Does anyone know what the hardware might actually be? Or how I can find out. I am willing to take it apart, but if someone already knows, could they tell me? I haven't been able to find any real specs on this.

Any uses other than a paperweight?

The Following User Says Thank You to MTCONE For This Useful Post: