Originally Posted by soeiro View Post
@torpedo48

I would like to pose some questions. Please observe that I'm only asking them to help better understand the testing process.

Is it really necessary to have lots of thumbs down for those applications?

Since you have already voted them down, why do they need more for the same reasons?

Is there a way to turn a single thumb down into a blocker thing? For instance, checkboxs for "not optified", "no bugtracker", etc would block the application until those issues were resolved. Thumbs up and down would go for other subjective stuff...
Good point. Yes, it is necessary: the system can't remove a package until it reaches 10 thumbs down (actually not just ten, but a -10 ranking, so even 10 thumbs up and 20 thumbs down, etc...), so in order to clean the queue we need to obtain those thumbs. That's all we can do, actually.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
3 apps actually rejected and 3 apps promoted: we are doing well. I've updated the list; I'll soon delete the promoted/rejected apps' links.

Good job everyone!

Go to the list

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
You can clean up list, but i think that keeping statistics below or maybe somekind of recap in the end of month or in next month thread would look nice and give feedback to testers/users that they are doing good job.

.edit
Still thing that worries me a bit is that some of apps (like protocols need quite experienced testers and long time testing)

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slender View Post
You can clean up list, but i think that keeping statistics below or maybe somekind of recap in the end of month or in next month thread would look nice and give feedback to testers/users that they are doing good job.

.edit
Still thing that worries me a bit is that some of apps (like protocols need quite experienced testers and long time testing)
You are right. I won't delete the list (I forgot that this list is only for June).

And, you are right again, I'm modifying the list adding a ADVANCED TESTING section. Thanks.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Would love to help out, but you need an account to vote.
When I click Register at the top, nothing happens.
It seems nothing but a picture instead of a clickable link.
Too bad, since I was hoping to help with the voting down list.

Originally Posted by Darkwolf View Post
Would love to help out, but you need an account to vote.
When I click Register at the top, nothing happens.
It seems nothing but a picture instead of a clickable link.
Too bad, since I was hoping to help with the voting down list.
Strange, probably your browser has some problems in handling that link.

Please follow this link and register your account, thanks for your contribute and welcome!

https://garage.maemo.org/account/register.php

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Panucci 0.3.16 has just been promoted to Extras-Testing. Looking forward to get some feedback and ratings there Thanks!

Originally Posted by thp View Post
Panucci 0.3.16 has just been promoted to Extras-Testing. Looking forward to get some feedback and ratings there Thanks!
I'll insert it in the list soon .

BTW I've updated the list adding some more apps and REJECTED/PROMOTED details.

Congratulations to all, we have reached some good achievements in these days, the queue is getting cleaner and more efficient! Keep going!

Go to the list

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I'll volunteer for being a tester. where do i sign?