Hehe, nice to see you guys trying to revive it. At Layar we indeed aimed to have a port for Meego (as well as for Symbian & Bada, that codebase was shared as much as possible). I was the team lead for the project.

At some point we decided to stop with it so it never got published.

The version you've found is supposed to be version 4 of Layar client. That's rather old (we're now almost at v.8) and some features are deprecated since then already. Also, Layar now is much more focused on vision stuff rather than on geo-based.

We were using some very early versions of meego sdks and early device prototypes to develop it, so I'm not surprised it doesn't work out of the box on current ones.

Cheerz,
Anatoliy

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to anatols For This Useful Post:
Posts: 545 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ lebanon
Originally Posted by anatols View Post
Hehe, nice to see you guys trying to revive it. At Layar we indeed aimed to have a port for Meego (as well as for Symbian & Bada, that codebase was shared as much as possible). I was the team lead for the project.

The version you've found is supposed to be version 4 of Layar client. That's rather old (we're now almost at v.8) and some features are deprecated since then already. Also, Layar now is much more focused on vision stuff rather than on geo-based.

We were using some very early versions of meego sdks and early device prototypes to develop it, so I'm not surprised it doesn't work out of the box on current ones.

Cheerz,
Anatoliy
Thank you for clearing the speculations .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myname24 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 665 | Thanked: 2,388 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Zagreb, Croatia
Thanks, but would you be willing to provide the new SDK so some of us can build the app? And provide support too.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to knobtviker For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by anatols View Post

Cheerz,
Anatoliy
Hi and welcome onboard!
Well, it's actually nice to see the real developers actually reply to this topic!

We hope you can still make a version for us, even if it is without support.

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by knobtviker View Post
Thanks, but would you be willing to provide the new SDK so some of us can build the app? And provide support too.
Well, sorry, not sure about that. That source code is not open and I don't think it's ever becoming open at all (and I'm not the decision maker).

The company's standpoint is clear about it, we need to spend our limited resources wisely, so we cannot afford developing/marketing/supporting anything for meego at the moment. That was one of the reasons to stop with the meego port and the situation didn't change for better since then unfortunately.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anatols For This Useful Post:

Tags
layar, nokia n9, nokia n950