Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
Does the latest version allow you to configure text/background color? Black on white text is an eye-killer.

Keep up the great work!
You've always been able to do that, even from the OS2008 days:

Change:
Menu->Preferences->Colors->Color for [Background]
Menu->Preferences->Colors->Color for [Regular text].

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
Does the latest version allow you to configure text/background color? Black on white text is an eye-killer.
The latest version configures the background to light-wheat, like slightly aged paper. I hope just about everyone will find it acceptable, if not pleasant.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by fms View Post
<facepalms> No, you do not really need this application, so nothing to see here. It is a niche application.
As a big reader and paper book collector, I think an ereader is something I could find useful. I really was just leading the thread, since it was being discussedrather privately without any clue what the application would be used for.

I don't want to assume, so could you tell me why I wouldn't be a candidate as a user of fbreader? We've never met, so it must be something in my profile image? Should I switch to one in a hoodie, or maybe try wearing reading glasses? Curious how you quickly dismissed me like that.

I was hoping for some information on the N900's version, its expected features, etc, so I could possibly report it back to the Maemo Freak community. Would you prefer I didn't do that? Because there is a general interest in the apps under development for Maemo 5. That interest will die if no one is willing to talk about it except among themselves.

thanks for the new build, will try it once garage comes back up. just wondering if there was any functionality to page forward/back using screen taps, like cbrpager. would definitely be a plus for single-handed reading

Originally Posted by sierrafoxtrot View Post
thanks for the new build, will try it once garage comes back up. just wondering if there was any functionality to page forward/back using screen taps, like cbrpager. would definitely be a plus for single-handed reading
Yes, it is there, and I have it enabled on my tablet. It is disabled by default in the package (text selection enabled instead), mainly because I have doubts everyone will like the tap pager.

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I don't want to assume, so could you tell me why I wouldn't be a candidate as a user of fbreader? We've never met, so it must be something in my profile image? Should I switch to one in a hoodie, or maybe try wearing reading glasses? Curious how you quickly dismissed me like that.
Well, FBReader exists for the tablets since OS2007, at least. It is a Fremantle Star application that has been in the repositories for quite a while. Pretty much everyone I know has it installed, and had it installed for ages. So, if you have to ask what it is, you probably do not need it.

Well, FBReader exists for the tablets since OS2007, at least. It is a Fremantle Star application that has been in the repositories for quite a while. Pretty much everyone I know has it installed, and had it installed for ages. So, if you have to ask what it is, you probably do not need it.
Well to be fair... this could be his first tablet-based device... a lot of people weren't interested in the N7/N8XX because they weren't phones. They were more of a geeks toy than the N900.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fatalsaint For This Useful Post:
Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
@qwerty12

Duh, thanks! The little dots are unclear I didnt see the additional menus. Now I can read on the train again until I break down and get an ereader.

Yes, it is there, and I have it enabled on my tablet. It is disabled by default in the package (text selection enabled instead), mainly because I have doubts everyone will like the tap pager.
okay. there's not any way to enable it in options is there? anyhoo, just a thought ...

Originally Posted by sierrafoxtrot View Post
okay. there's not any way to enable it in options is there? anyhoo, just a thought ...
Once again: you can go into FBReader Settings and enable it. This is how I enabled it on my device.

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post: