Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Colorado, USA
Originally Posted by lazuli View Post
i bought my unit 2nd hand so the seller installed diablo on it already.. you think i should reflash? when fully charged, does your tablet show (only) "5 hours when in use" on the battery status?
I was having battery life problem with Chinook. My battery life was fine after I had flashed to Chinook (I could go 5-6 days with light use) but at some point after I had installed and uninstalled a number of packages, my battery life tanked (down to less than one hour of battery life left after 48 hours with same usage pattern as before). I was going through the process of uninstalling one app at a time to see when my battery life went back to normal. I ended up flashing to diablo before I found the culprit I figured I would just start afresh with diablo. Now with diablo my battery life is around 3 days. So life hasn't improved much for me. Maybe it is the battery getting old (it is about 17 months old) or maybe there is an app that chews up CPU and I have installed that app again after diablo upgrade.

Same problem here. I installed nothing new and my battery depletes over night. Before diablo it would last all week if not in use. Too bad, as i really dont want to figure out how to go back to os2008 and get everytimg working and yet now its awful

Last edited by scottyb159; 2008-07-10 at 23:57.

to put in a positive note that it's not diablo itself
N800 running stock diablo ,only applets advanced backlight and statusbarclock - run's for daaay's...(wifi off when not needed/no autoconnect and no modest running)
I do close all apps liek browser /games etc... however when not using it...

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bath, UK
Originally Posted by scottyb159 View Post
Same problem here. I installed nothing new and my battery depletes over night. Before diablo it would last all week if not in use. Too bad, as i really dont want to figure out how to go back to os2008 and get everytimg working and yet now its awful
Make sure wifi auto-connect is off or put the unit into offline mode. Caught me out a couple of times when a full battery didn't last overnight.

Don't leave XTerm or Browser windows open or dyntick won't be able to slow the tick rate.

The Following User Says Thank You to lardman For This Useful Post:
I've personally noticed it to be "back to normal" and able to last 2-3 days on a full charge for my usage.

As for my personal usage habits, I usually leave wifi off during the day since I don't have access to the company's wifi. I just usually use it the whole day (roughly 5 hours or so) as an mp3 player while doing work. When I get home, it goes through about 1 hour tops with the wifi on.

Usually lasts me two to three days like this before the battery flats. Back when I had chinook it would only last me a day tops. I even had to keep a charger on my desk at work just in case.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ England
i could with the older verson of os2008 i could just turn off wifi when i was not using it and pick it up and down during the day and only need to charge it every other day.

with diablo i had to charge it twice a day

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Last night I locked my n810 and then went to dinner. When I got to the restaurant I check the unit and it was "stuck" disconnecting from my home network. I could not change networks or go offline I had to reboot.

There are a number of open bugs that could be contributing to the problem.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Colorado, USA
Originally Posted by lardman View Post
Don't leave XTerm or Browser windows open or dyntick won't be able to slow the tick rate.
XTerm as well?? I have a habit of leaving an xterm running all the time. I will try closing it every time and see if my battery lasts more than 3 days. Thanks!

It seems the real killer was the RSS feed. I've told it not to auto update and I can through a night or two now without charge. No Wifi wasn't auto on, but dunno why RSS killed it.

However its still not quite upto the week or thereabouts that it was, 2 nights is the max at the moment... and usually I get woken at some far to early hour as it winges its out of juice.