Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
Fantastic adds will do very well in europe for those who getit.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The soccer one would have been better if the N900 that pops up at the end said, "Thank you for your online ticket order" ... It isn't clear from the commercial how the N900 would have helped him here, since all you see is the same "Sold out" on the N900's screen...

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
The tragic part is that if he actually had an n900 and was "online all the time", his n900 would we out of juice by the time he woke up.

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
Originally Posted by qole View Post
The soccer one would have been better if the N900 that pops up at the end said, "Thank you for your online ticket order" ... It isn't clear from the commercial how the N900 would have helped him here, since all you see is the same "Sold out" on the N900's screen...
They should have put not shipping yet

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by nuknuk View Post
They should have put not shipping yet
drink!

Turns out the ads are not by Nokia after all, and there's still one more to come...

Maemo-Guru blog post + contest

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
drink!

Turns out the ads are not by Nokia after all, and there's still one more to come...

Maemo-Guru blog post + contest
Makes sense now...

And to all those Europeans out there that "got" what "Nokia" was doing with this.... "get" this.

I did like the ads quite some. The subtle message (which is not very american sense of humour) and the humour of situations in which the guy falls behind since he is not connected has a message. But again this is not in-your-face style of advertising - which I like.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
And the latest (last?) of the set is online here.

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
I got that^ from the soccer ad. I could see how having the N900 would have helped accomplish that task easier or kept someone who stayed awake informed... but, I can't see how an N900 would help me fish or sleep for that matter.

...and BTW, I'm from Philadelphia. We find humor in everything, we kind of have to... So yo, humor this. (grabs crotch)

I think Benny might be on to something... it may be an attempt to establish this "sleeping man" character to make us want to see what he is up to next. However, like the MS spots with Gates, they run the risk that we might not care... This could happen if the ads are produced by someone who does not truly understand the user experience, imho.
With the N900, you can easily read the news when such a phenomenon is excepted. If he'd have an N900, then he'd know about it.

Or the N900 simply is a fish-attractor.

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
And the latest (last?) of the set is online here.
Good news for you! There is a fourth part, but that's also the last one. It'll be availible tomorrow.

Read more at:
http://maemo-freak.com/index.php/vid...n-a-nokia-n900