Active Topics

Notices

Poll: Can you view flash videos on webpages after updating to pr 1.2? (Other than youtube)
Poll Options
Can you view flash videos on webpages after updating to pr 1.2? (Other than youtube)

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Flash and Youtube are not exactly the same thing and not apple to apple for comparison. As pointed out, most major sites are changing over to check for Flash 10, even if some of the content is not 10. Sites that worked and played content no longer work and ask for the newest Flash player. Seems to be enough posts to suggest there may be a problem with (not Youtube) Flash performance since the upgrade, but again- moot, since most sites will soon not work anyways. Well, the ads will still work, of course

One way to get around the Flash 10 gate keeper issue at sites for content that is 9 or below is to use Google video to search and play videos that launch directly from the search result. I have noticed this gets around the issue, to some degree.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2010-05-27 at 12:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 431 | Thanked: 239 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by oweng View Post
Thanks - So what's the next step?
My only hope is that atilla77 and his FlashLauncher will be improved and he will find the solution for the flash player crashing when press any keyboard button. But there is no Portrait mode as well yet, that was working perfect on MicroB.

At the moment Flaemo is suspended. At least for N900. I have new version of that almost ready to go but is more complex now and useless in this case. Probably I will go to android guys with this later... shame.

In fact its Web OS that supposed to run across devices and Desktop PC but I really like to have "acceptable" access to it from N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to devu For This Useful Post:
I'm not convinced that some of the sites I have been visting would have upgraded so quickly... lol

There seem to be some who are having better luck with their pr1.2 upgrades.

I also get a lag in the browser whilst pressing the down cursor, after a slight delay the page goes racing down to the bottom.

Any thoughts on reflashing the emmc? I am loathed to do this, especially as nobody is able to justify a technical reason for doing so.

Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Flash and Youtube are not exactly the same thing and not apple to apple for comparison. As pointed out, most major sites are changing over to check for Flash 10, even if the content is not 10. Sites that worked and played content no longer work and ask for the newest Flash player. Seems to be enough posts to suggest there may be a problem with (not Youtube) Flash performance since the upgrade, but again- moot, since most sites will soon not work anyways. Well, the ads will still work, of course

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by n9000 View Post
Im watching a video about Miles Davies on bbc.co.uk right now and its playing perfect!
Send a note to them to not update with a Flash 10 check for site access

One way to get around the Flash 10 gate keeper issue at sites for content that is 9 or below is to use Google video to search and play videos that launch directly from the search result. I have noticed this gets around the issue, to some degree.
And another way will be to use flaemo when the internal youtube player will be ready and customizable. But I can't promise miracles

Does anyone from the nokia development team ever chip in here with a suggestion, or are they both busy?

Send a note to them to not update with a Flash 10 check for site access
Please link to a site with flash 10. I havent come across any yet. thx

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
iplayer beta bbc 1 still has a huge lag problem where the audio is way ahead of the picture..... bbc2 works correctly

a quick check on the play again....for example i selected have i got news for you....audio only and no picture....so all in all still a pile of sh%%e

Flash 10.1 is allegedly not coming to n900 so does that mean we are all screwed if we cant have flash 10.1 ??

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
try tvcatchup and then try playing any channel....thet are all flash 10.1

or try the bbc news website and try playing the live news....you should see the huge lagg problems others are encounting

here you go

http://wonderfl.net/

or

http://alternativaplatform.com/en/alternativa3d/

And its flash 10.0 not even 10.1 and trust me there is tone of useful things done in flash 10.0 at the moment around the web.