Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 141 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Raubtier View Post
thats a joke...right!? so basically its inferior to a simple weather
app?!?!?!?!?!?!
No.
It's possible you have OM set up to connect over GPRS rather than wifi.
Also some mobile phone service providers block IMAP email so the only way to get it is over wifi but no application will initiate wifi connection itself

Last edited by pthomas22; 2010-06-05 at 15:15.

anyone else that could help??
Hey Raubtier. I used to have the same problems your facing! I kept deleting my mailboxes and trying other things over and over again, but the problems seemed random and sometimes they occur and sometimes not. So I read around and this is my advice to you.

I really sugest that you delete all your mailboxes and set them up through Nokia Messaging instead of directly through the email servers(gmail,yahoo,hotmail etc..). You wont have to use the "automatic search interval" or anything like that and youll avoid all your problems. Emails are recieved instantly as soon as they are sent by the sender with the automatically update feature disabled. Im sure you wont have any issues then. Its really amazing and works with multiple mailboxes gmail, yahoo, hotmail at the same time in one account.. It is also much faster at syncing than signing up directly with the email servers.

So just delete your current mailboxes and select nokia messaging and follow the simple steps.. goodluck!

Last edited by roryh86; 2010-06-05 at 15:39.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Czech Republic
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10504#c2
This is not a bug but a feature.

Posts: 216 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Switzerland
Well try this for a change

Go to your wirless settings. Choose your settings and click Next till you get to the advanced tab.

In the DNS Settings hardcode the IPs from your ISP.

My Mail would not even do anyhting when clicking on send & receive (not even pretending to fetch mails)

Setting the DNS IP hardcoded to the DNS IP of my ISP did help.

(I got the DNS IP from the ISP site because the one asigned to my router was different and did not work)

Regards Markus

https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=8844

missing a scrollbar? Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor...tic_scrolling/

Add quickbar (ABC, DEF, ...) in the Contact App. Vote here:http://maemo.org/community/brainstor..._address_book/

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Paris
Originally Posted by moneytoo View Post
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10504#c2
"This is not a bug but a feature."

Its not just a feature its an important one. No application should be able to create an internet connection.

Imagine if it were otherwise. You go to the bother of changing your n900 settings to not connect automatically while out of the country and some rougue app opens a connection anyway and downloads to its hearts content, costing you a fortune in roaming charges.

You can configure your n900s internet connection to be always on / always on when a wifi connection is available / etc. I dont see the issue.

Last edited by DeargDoom; 2010-06-09 at 16:57.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Florida
i have the following problem: i set up gmail in the n900 email settings, if i open the email and press "send and receive" i get my emails, everything works nicely. i set it to refresh every hour. the problem is that i never receive emails without pressing "send and receive"!

under settings->email connectivity i have it set to connect to my provider. search interval is set to "never" and i have the internet connection off. whenever an app like omweather needs to refresh, it opens the internet connectivity by itself, refreshes and disconnects. thats what i would expect of the email, but it doesnt!

email ist set to: update automatically, updated when connected via any connection and update every hour.

under email-accounts->gmail: everything is filled in, i left "use connection specific smtp servers" unticked.

whats going on??
Hey Raubtier,
I have realized a solution to both of our problems.... if you set the search interval within your internet connections, under settings, to 60 mins. (what i chose to not drain battery) the email will indeed open up the internet connection just like omweather, when needed...
For me, I could not send and recieve anything while connected to wifi (eicom/netopia/ireland), or refresh the nokia reopo's, I had to go into internet connections of my wifi connection on my n900 and uncheck auto retrieve dns servers, and manually input the ones from my netopia/isp then everything is working as it should now! repos are refreshing and I can once again send and recieve emails via wifi on my n900!

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Originally Posted by roryh86 View Post
Hey Raubtier. I used to have the same problems your facing! I kept deleting my mailboxes and trying other things over and over again, but the problems seemed random and sometimes they occur and sometimes not. So I read around and this is my advice to you.

I really sugest that you delete all your mailboxes and set them up through Nokia Messaging instead of directly through the email servers(gmail,yahoo,hotmail etc..). You wont have to use the "automatic search interval" or anything like that and youll avoid all your problems. Emails are recieved instantly as soon as they are sent by the sender with the automatically update feature disabled. Im sure you wont have any issues then. Its really amazing and works with multiple mailboxes gmail, yahoo, hotmail at the same time in one account.. It is also much faster at syncing than signing up directly with the email servers.

So just delete your current mailboxes and select nokia messaging and follow the simple steps.. goodluck!
there is no 'nokia messaging' on my n900?
only email or conversations
can you tell me exactly what to do

Originally Posted by leetut View Post
there is no 'nokia messaging' on my n900?
only email or conversations
can you tell me exactly what to do
Before you start, delete any Mailboxes that you have already set up so that your E-mail application is empty.

1) Click on the E-mail application

2) Click on the top bar and select "New account"

3) Click Next

4) Click "Region" and select your country

5) Click Service Provider and select "Nokia Messaging"

6) Click Next

7) Enter your E-mail address and password (Yahoo!, Gmail, Hotmail etc...)

After that it should set up your email account and you should be done

Also, when it has completed the set up, go to "Settings" and un-check "Update automatically", because you don't need it anymore since Nokia Messaging pushes your new mail directly to your mobile without needing to automatically check every 15 minutes.

If you want to add more E-mail accounts, just follow the same steps and it will add them in the same Nokia Messaging account.

Last edited by roryh86; 2010-06-20 at 14:16.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Tip: On my N900, Nokia Messaging does not show up in the list if I'm connected to WLAN. I must switch to cellular network.