Notices

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 263 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hi,

does anyone have any idea why neither ClassicPrint or ClassicCam doesn't work on my device? ClassicPrint shows the GUI nicely but when I try to load a picture it doesn't show up. ClassicCam shows the camera view nicely but that's all it shows. I have found buttons all around the screen but they all just appear black and the adjustments I make to the lens and other settings they don't seem to have any effect.

So what's the problem and am I the only one with these problems?

EDIT: Problem solved. Seems that I had to first save some settings for the different effect things. But still some buttons are not shown in ClassicCam (those in right side of the camera view).

Last edited by TNiga; 2010-07-21 at 19:26.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worthing, West Sussex, England
Hi TNiga,

The problem is that the version of Classic Cam you installed wasn't quite ready for general consumption yet. Over the last couple of days, I've been working on completing the packaging of the application and making sure all configuration was present. The version you installed was missing a few files and the application was looking in the wrong directory for the config files.

Classic Print and Classic Cam share a common configuration file which is probably why Print didn't work correctly either.

I've now fixed the packaging problem and submitted a new package to the repository. This should fix the issues for new installations. The problem for you will be that you may have some incomplete configuration files in your home directory. Now that doesn't really matter, it just means you have to configure all options (such as photo directories) yourself rather than picking up the defaults. Or, if you know your way around a terminal, you can delete the configuration files in /home/user/.classiccam. They will be recreated with defaults next time the application is started.

The version of classic cam you want is 0.1-8. I think you've probably installed 0.1-7.

Anyway, thanks for trying the apps and I hope this solves your problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to fieldofcows For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Malaysia
is it possible to remove the frame border in ClassicCam ?

i set the frame to lowest but the frame is still there.

Last edited by fuyoh; 2010-09-30 at 15:02.

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Malaysia
ok i think its a bug.

the preview in classiccam showed the right frame setting but after it is processed, the frame isnt changed.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
I'd like to know if any of you has some predefined settings to share with photo-noobs like me.

I like very much the predefined effect included with Classic Print, but adding more sets (made by users) to the application would be nice.

can anyone share more setting for classic cam?

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Hungary, Szeged
Is the app in development or is it dead?

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worthing, West Sussex, England
There hasn't been that much interest in the app so I haven't developed it for a long time. What were you hoping to see in the app?

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by fieldofcows View Post
There hasn't been that much interest in the app so I haven't developed it for a long time. What were you hoping to see in the app?
Glad to see you here!

- I would really like to see more presets to choose from like in some other applications for Android, like sepia colour, old fashioned camera, polaroid, etc

- Ability to crop part of the picture before applying the effect.

- Different kind of borders.

There are quite some applications available for Android like Photo Fun and Vignette, please take a look at this.

Last edited by ivgalvez; 2011-05-03 at 16:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 95 | Thanked: 70 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Massachusetts
Originally Posted by fieldofcows View Post
What? No way! This is one of my favorite apps that I still use on Maemo. It's a shame there hasn't been any updates at all lately.

I wish there were some more editing options available: filters, effects, border styles..
If you need help, I'd be glad to lend a hand. I have a few ideas in mind that I'd like to suggest.

// Roth

The Following User Says Thank You to Roth For This Useful Post: