Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
NOS?? Nitros Oxide?? It does not make me go faster, it makes me fall down and shake.... ah the good ole days!!
Horrible flash site, but here it is if you like: http://www.drinknos.com/
Picture attached though, much better!
Attached Images

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by yabbas View Post
Debs please pb

Actually - if you could script the entire setting up of another OS on the internal/external card, that would be best

ASK - And ye shall recieve!!!

I made a DEB that will clone the currently running OS to a 2GB CARD. It will also clone it to bigger cards but its not really setup for that.

2GB
1: 128MB FAT
2: 1.75GB EXT2 (BOOT)
3: 128MB SWAP

4GB
1: 256MB FAT
2: 3.5GB EXT2 (BOOT)
3: 256MB SWAP

6GB
1: 384MB FAT
2: 5.255GB EXT2 (BOOT)
3: 384MB SWAP

8GB
1: 512MB FAT
2: 6.0GB EXT2 (BOOT)
3: 512MB SWAP

If things go smoothly with this, I will make some more DEB's with different layouts for different sizes.

My initial build is only for N800 or N810 IF YOU WANT TO CLONE TO THE INTERNAL 2GB CARD. This will not work on the n810 with a SD card. More work to follow.

PM me for a link to the DEB if you want to try it out. NOTICE (It may HOSE your device and cause you to REFLASH your OS. Use at own risk. Take backups of any important data before continuing.

pb

The new deb will partition your SD/MMC card, clone the Flash to the card. Install Boot Menu (with telnet support). Then you just reboot to your new menu and partition.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
OK, back to the topic at hand...

I am still listening??
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
PB, I am working on a UI that will blow things like Silverlight and the iPhone UI out of the water. It works like this: Create pseudo-mathematical descriptions of

* Apps you want or web-sites/programs you want to display or wrap.
* The hardware/software environment you want to use (NIT, Phone, Windows, ...)
* A UI Theme (e.g., fingers only, voice only, Gnome, Maemo, Swing,...)
* Any sub-themes (Dark, dainty, metallic, ...)
* Things like friends lists, play-lists, etc.

I'm currently creating an SDL theme for the NITs. After that, a "distributed AJAX" theme. (That's when the REALLY cool stuff happens because it will basically make all processors that participate a single computer! It won't matter where you are, what/whose device you have; just authenticate yourself and all your things will be there, adjusted for your device/os.)

I don't want to over-sell it, but I would love to have a semi-useful beta released this month or early July. It's quite a challenge, but success will be amazing! Any interest in working on it with me?

Originally Posted by BruceL View Post
PB, I am working on a UI that will blow things like Silverlight and the iPhone UI out of the water. It works like this: Create pseudo-mathematical descriptions of

* Apps you want or web-sites/programs you want to display or wrap.
* The hardware/software environment you want to use (NIT, Phone, Windows, ...)
* A UI Theme (e.g., fingers only, voice only, Gnome, Maemo, Swing,...)
* Any sub-themes (Dark, dainty, metallic, ...)
* Things like friends lists, play-lists, etc.

I'm currently creating an SDL theme for the NITs. After that, a "distributed AJAX" theme. (That's when the REALLY cool stuff happens because it will basically make all processors that participate a single computer! It won't matter where you are, what/whose device you have; just authenticate yourself and all your things will be there, adjusted for your device/os.)

I don't want to over-sell it, but I would love to have a semi-useful beta released this month or early July. It's quite a challenge, but success will be amazing! Any interest in working on it with me?

Thanks, but I am not sure I could provide you much help

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
Perhaps not. I'm currently switching the engine from OpenGLUT/OpenGL to SDL/OpenGL. After that, there is a combination of specifying parts of applications and how to display them. It may be hard to learn the language; it's an object oriented declarative language so you would have to be able to list the stateful parts of objects or data-structures and map how events change their states. You'd also have to know or learn something about OpenGL so you could map states and state changes to the display. Also, there are improvements to the engine to be made which would require C and C++.

If you happen to change your mind, just send me a pvt mesg.

(Likewise for anyone else here who thinks they might be able to do it!)

Originally Posted by BruceL View Post
Perhaps not. I'm currently switching the engine from OpenGLUT/OpenGL to SDL/OpenGL. After that, there is a combination of specifying parts of applications and how to display them. It may be hard to learn the language; it's an object oriented declarative language so you would have to be able to list the stateful parts of objects or data-structures and map how events change their states. You'd also have to know or learn something about OpenGL so you could map states and state changes to the display. Also, there are improvements to the engine to be made which would require C and C++.

If you happen to change your mind, just send me a pvt mesg.

(Likewise for anyone else here who thinks they might be able to do it!)
Its not that I dont appreciate the offer. But for those that don't know, penguinbait is a hack, not a developer. I do not write code, I compile it. LARGE DIFFERENCE

Thanks to all the people who make the code and let me play

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina

I am still listening??
I would like to see a release of flite with Spanish voice. Male or female, I don't care.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...476#post188476

Thanks.

Originally Posted by alephito View Post
I would like to see a release of flite with Spanish voice. Male or female, I don't care.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...476#post188476

Thanks.
Well I did not compile flite, I stole it and included it. That said, I have bene meaning to look at full festival, so we'll see. This may be doable.

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA

I am still listening??
Since you probably have a little personal interest how about joining the project for lo-jack?

With the C-4 option
PLEASE use the Wiki

Tags
clone, deprecated, gparted, kde, kde35, penguinbait