Notices

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
how about a shortcut that has a picture of a person and a sms envelope in one corner and handset in the other, clicking the handset would make a call, clicking sms envelope would take you to write sms, and clicking a picture would do what it does now?

Crashes just after the loading contacts splashscreen for me. Shame because it looks a really good app

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by legoman666 View Post
Is there a way to set the default outgoing caller account to something other than Cell? I use Skype for all of my outgoing calls. Calls through my carrier cost $0.30/minute and I have to remember to change the call type to skype every time I make a call.
Unfortunately not right now. I haven't figure out how to use D-Bus to tell the phone application to select skype. I have asked around but haven't received any answers. Anybody?

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Originally Posted by amorek13 View Post
how about a shortcut that has a picture of a person and a sms envelope in one corner and handset in the other, clicking the handset would make a call, clicking sms envelope would take you to write sms, and clicking a picture would do what it does now?
That is the plan, or at least a different plan of mine... It will be a home applet.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Originally Posted by kill_bill View Post
Crashes just after the loading contacts splashscreen for me. Shame because it looks a really good app
I am sorry to hear... if you want you can start the application on the console by typing "mycontacts" and see if we get any hints of why... I assume you are running pr.1.2, right?

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
I am sorry to hear... if you want you can start the application on the console by typing "mycontacts" and see if we get any hints of why... I assume you are running pr.1.2, right?
Yep, running 1.2

Get QGtxStyle was unable to detect the GTX+ theme

Then errors about stylesheet file does not exist

Finally segmentation fault

Yep, running 1.2

Get QGtxStyle was unable to detect the GTX+ theme

Then errors about stylesheet file does not exist

Finally segmentation fault
I have never seen the QGtxStyle error so I assume it may be the cause or related to it.

You can ignore the "stylesheet file does not exist" messages. I did not package any external stylesheet files but the program uses the internal ones as a fallback.

Do you have any other applications installed that depend on qt? Are they working?

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Ive got Tweego, think that is QT? Sorry, not really sure what is/isn't QT

Ive got Tweego, think that is QT? Sorry, not really sure what is/isn't QT
Yes, it is. Unfortunately I don't have any safe suggestions on what to do next.

Let's see if anybody reports any similar issues... I will look around too.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Discovered "MyContacts" when I was mooching about in downloads.
Looking good, so far. Tried to get a couple of screenshots of portrait mode, but it kept going to landscape when I opened the keypad.

Now, if someone could make an app that you could assign one of the side buttons to take screenshots. (But that's another thread).