Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
I feel that Apple is taking over the world with mediocre products. And somehow inventing already existing inventions..like a touch screen phone. or iPad (Tablet PC). I don't say that the iPhone sucks. It would not be true. But I do hate Apple. Yes. However this is only my opinion. Feel free to disagree.

And just to clarify: bad press for the iphone is still press. If you want the iphone to die one day..stop talking about it.

Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
Half of your points are old and outdated from like generation 1 of the iphone, the other half work with JB (which you probably don't agree with even though you are on a Maemo board).

And yes there is no Flash support on the iphone.

Only the point about the widget is of note and I think you can do this on JB.
Jailbreak away, I hope Steve never sends you

"This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons"

error

which is basically another point

I want to do amoral things with MY device without fear of being remotely disabled by the manufacturer...oh wait....I can't

Last edited by quipper8; 2010-06-08 at 22:58.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post
I feel that Apple is taking over the world with mediocre products.
Replace "Apple" with "Microsoft" and you have the 90's all over. Replace "Apple" with "IBM" and you have the 80's.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
I wish I could walk into a store to get help with using my iPhone... oh..OH! I.. I guess I can!
I wish I could get accessories that work well or are made for my iPhone.. I.. guess I can.
I wish I could walk into a store and at LEAST get repairs, parts or even a replacement for my iPhone.. hey, I can!!
...and so can MOST phones except the N900.

I personally don't care for the iPhone.. but this is a silly thread. heh

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
I don't want the iPhone to die...if it were not around, I would not be able to feel so smug and superior. I would not be different from my demographic. I would be ordinary.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post:
Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Oh plzzz let the "...Oh! I can't" thing going. I'm loving it ..

The Following User Says Thank You to jaeezzy For This Useful Post:
I want to write quick little programs in scripting languages right on my device and run them....oh wait...i can't

Originally Posted by imperiallight View Post
Half of your points are old and outdated from like generation 1 of the iphone.
Perhaps you could enumerate them? I mean, there's only sixteen, it shouldn't be too hard to run through them point-by-point. It would be greatly enlightening for those of us who don't have an iPhone, and are stuck with second-hand reports at best.

I'd thought most of them are valid at least as far as the 3GS. Not sure what iOS 4 brings, so I wouldn't be surprised if some are invalidated by it, but I think few if any would be invalidated with the iPhone 3G or early releases. (Unless you meant "old and outdated" in the sense that everyone's tired of hearing them, not that they're now fixed, in which case I agree completely. )

As for jailbreak, I wonder why people who like a system you're encouraged to hack by the manufacturer would be say you can't count hacks which are denounced as illegal and actively countered by the manufacturer... after all, these are both hacks, so should be cool, right?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
The "this is so sad" tag on this thread just makes me snort-giggle because it's so true. This N900 fanboism just conjures up the image of a bulky black N900 crying "I'm still relevant!" in a sea of peppier more popular devices.

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Replace "Apple" with "Microsoft" and you have the 90's all over. Replace "Apple" with "IBM" and you have the 80's.
I was born in 1989. So I don't know about IBM.. Microsoft..I never particularly liked them, but didn't hate them.

Apple just makes my blood boil. Sleazy marketing and all these fan boys. Microsoft never had these fan boys. At least not where I live. I constantly feel like punching them...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post:

Tags
this is so sad